Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anybody found a really good rear suspension setup. i`ve got a 01 zr 600, and hitting a bunch of big bumps sometimes doesn`t feel to good :eek: . i`m a little under 200lbs with all the gear on. also when the sled is on an incline, the front up hill, the rear suspension sags. i can lift the back bumper up several inches, before the track comes off the ground. i was worried at first because i got stuck and found out about this, and i thought i had broken something :( . but after letting the snow melt off, i couldn`t see any broken springs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is nothing broken, I have noticed this in all the ETT rear ends. As far as suspension set up on my ZR I have installed fat boy springs (I'm 250) tightened the front skid shock & limiters then balanced out the front end with about 7 mm of exposed shock body. The sled handles awesome for my riding style & can't be beat. Good Luck & start adjusting :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've got the same deal going on with my '01 ZR800; a few inches of sag and bottoming on big hits. I think part of it is because I am running the limiter straps pretty tight to keep the skis grounded. Because of that, it takes a little rear sag before the skid frame is level/flat on the ground both front and rear. I'm gonna try adjusting it out so that it lays flat and see how that works.

I just got a set of taller rear spring slides last night. They should preload the springs a little more. I'm also getting some aftermarket preload adjusters for the springs, which afford more preload than stock on two of the three settings. I also suspect that my springs may just be played out.

On the "bright side", I checked a brand new ZR800 in the showroom last night and it does the same thing ;)

-Couch

·
Registered
754 Posts
i have a 01-800 le, i revalved all four shocks and installed 130 front springs,220 center spring and the rear springs to 460-thickness 040,041 was the last part # i weigh 195 lbs and i like the way it rides ,no more bottoming out.or sore backs. fett brothers have a spring kit also with a revalve change .
sno_pro_500

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's not a good idea to tighten up the limiter straps to increase ski pressure. It will cause them to wear excessively. It is better to slightly loosen the spring of the front arm in the rear suspension.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a ZR 600 and it did the same thing, but i just had my shocks rebuilt, then i cranked the springs up as much as i could in the back and rides great now. They are also heavy duty springs, they help as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts