Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anybody found a really good rear suspension setup. i`ve got a 01 zr 600, and hitting a bunch of big bumps sometimes doesn`t feel to good :eek: . i`m a little under 200lbs with all the gear on. also when the sled is on an incline, the front up hill, the rear suspension sags. i can lift the back bumper up several inches, before the track comes off the ground. i was worried at first because i got stuck and found out about this, and i thought i had broken something :( . but after letting the snow melt off, i couldn`t see any broken springs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is nothing broken, I have noticed this in all the ETT rear ends. As far as suspension set up on my ZR I have installed fat boy springs (I'm 250) tightened the front skid shock & limiters then balanced out the front end with about 7 mm of exposed shock body. The sled handles awesome for my riding style & can't be beat. Good Luck & start adjusting :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've got the same deal going on with my '01 ZR800; a few inches of sag and bottoming on big hits. I think part of it is because I am running the limiter straps pretty tight to keep the skis grounded. Because of that, it takes a little rear sag before the skid frame is level/flat on the ground both front and rear. I'm gonna try adjusting it out so that it lays flat and see how that works.

I just got a set of taller rear spring slides last night. They should preload the springs a little more. I'm also getting some aftermarket preload adjusters for the springs, which afford more preload than stock on two of the three settings. I also suspect that my springs may just be played out.

On the "bright side", I checked a brand new ZR800 in the showroom last night and it does the same thing ;)

-Couch

·
Registered
754 Posts
i have a 01-800 le, i revalved all four shocks and installed 130 front springs,220 center spring and the rear springs to 460-thickness 040,041 was the last part # i weigh 195 lbs and i like the way it rides ,no more bottoming out.or sore backs. fett brothers have a spring kit also with a revalve change .
sno_pro_500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.