Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinkin about droppin a f5 or f7 motor in my sled this summer....and im just woundering if anyone would have an idea on how much it would cost for the whole new motor, and instalation by a dealer....cuz theres no way i could do it by myself. the new motor couldnt be DD or could it? cuz mine is chain ...but the motor would prolly be a 03 or 04 because they would be the cheapest. so if you have any idea how much this would cost all together i would like to know...

thanks

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
My 2 cents... do changes to your existing motor/clutching before you bastardize your sled.

My opinion only but before I started swapping shit out on yours I would sell it & buy a factory F sled if thats what you desire...you will end up upside down you start something like that...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2 cents... do changes to your existing motor/clutching before you bastardize your sled.

My opinion only but before I started swapping shit out on yours I would sell it & buy a factory F sled if thats what you desire...you will end up upside down you start something like that...[/b]

i dont want to buy a new sled...i have seen other people that have put firecat motors in sabercats....so im thinking about doin the same.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I put a 700 in mine. If you do it yerself it should cost +/-$2000 depending on how much of a deal you get. then sell your stuff and you should get quite a bit back. You'll have to swap out all the wiring and the fuel tank if the engines out of an efi.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a 700 in mine. If you do it yerself it should cost +/-$2000 depending on how much of a deal you get. then sell your stuff and you should get quite a bit back. You'll have to swap out all the wiring and the fuel tank if the engines out of an efi.[/b]
how long did this take you to do...total hours i mean

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
IMO if you're not prepared to do a lot of work by yourself then don't undertake a project like this. For the money you'll end up spending you're better off selling your sled and buying a used F7. In fact, I know of a used F7 EXT thats in perfect shape for sale in your area.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i was just trying to get an idea...2000 bucks....i dont think ill be doin that soon then...mabye once this little motor goes to crap i will...Born2Fly thanks for that info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You could always check E-bay for a motor. They normally have a couple on their My 2cents. Good Luck! :div20:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.