Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm thinking about buying another Viper.. The one I'm looking at has 118 pounds of compression in all 3 cylinders... Does anybody know what the spec. is on this? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
120 to 125. the 118 is fine. as long as the compression is equal don't worry. also every gauge says something else. make sure to check it while the cylinders are worm also. that will jump the compression.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yamaha made the PTO dome bigger on the Viper 700's to allow for the same jet size in all three carbs. The PTO side is usually lower than the middle and mag. I would expect the middle and mag to be around 125.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yamaha made the PTO dome bigger on the Viper 700's to allow for the same jet size in all three carbs. The PTO side is usually lower than the middle and mag. I would expect the middle and mag to be around 125.[/b]
^^^^ this is exactly correct. PTO should read much lower then the other two. How many miles on it, might be time to re-ring.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up not buying it.. I already have a mint 02 viper.. and an 04 switchback... ummmm & an 06 fst classic, & a 99 Dlx & a few older ones... I guess I really don't need any more... :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts