Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting in 144 studs down the center of the track. Is two 6 inch carbides per ski too much carbide for that setup? Otherwise, how much carbide do you have for your sleds with 144 studs onboard?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have a Gade with 108 studs down the middle and 9 inch shaper bars on both the inside and outside of my Indecision ski's, Turns like it is on rails, with zero push problem now

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by beefcake887@Oct 18 2005, 07:56 PM
i would go with 8 or 9 inches, i have 6 inches with 96 studs
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939202
[/quote]

Are you saying 8 or 9 inches PER carbide, (16-18 inches of carbide per ski?) OR, are you saying 8 or 9 inches per ski?

·
Registered
93 Posts
6" each ski could work, depends on your chasis setup, ie. weight distribution front to rear, stopper strap etc all play apart. You can also check in catalog's like "Dennis Kirk" who sell products. They have studding reccomendations that are valuable guides. But remember they are just that, Guides!
Also remember your type of riding and your physical conditioning play a part as well.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I think twin 6 inches of carbide with 60 degree edge will probably be what I try.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
With more carbide your sled will be tougher to steer. My brothers REV has 144 studs and we are running 6" on the outside and inside and it handles great. You dont want something too agressive for regular trail riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts