Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do brp and polaris sell all of their 25-30k side by sides. I know I know go be poor somewhere else but holy balls are some of those utvs up there in price.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
They even get way more money for versions with heaters, cabs, and track conversions. A few years back at Nelson's SnoMotion, there was a RZR 1000 2 seater, cab, and tracks for $49,000 !! like- "SAY WHAT?"

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
Do brp and polaris sell all of their 25-30k side by sides. I know I know go be poor somewhere else but holy balls are some of those utvs up there in price.
Yes. Some of my customers are Polaris dealers and they sell a ton of them and make good money doing it. They sell way more of those than sleds. Sales of those won’t slow down until financing becomes expensive

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It's the same premise as pickup sales now. You see a lot more of the high end ones vs the low end. It's all about long financing to prove to the rest of the world how much money you can spend.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You can buy a nice rig for 15-20k. It wont be a turbo but a good 1000 na version will rip in the trails. I got a new Wildcat XX last fall and its been a lot of fun for under 20k.

·
Registered
39,980 Posts
They don't sell many here if nearly at all. I only saw one recently when traveling to town, frigging guy driving a polaris pulled out of a con field right in front of me and proceeded driving down the highway at 35 mph. I had to hit the brakes or would have nailed him. I would think those new roxor mahindra look alike jeeps will be a hot seller.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
It blows my mind how many there are out there and how many guys will continue to buy when the changes are so minor over the years.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Never under estimate how much the dune guys are willing to spend, especially when a dedicated high end sand car can cost near a 100K.

My boss has a RZR Turbo S that will never see dirt, but will be a hell of a nice low hour machine for the next owner when he finally sells it at a loss.
Sold one of my sleds and bought one a while back. I get way more riding in with tires than tracks.
My 2014, 5500 miles so far and I plan to keep it forever.
rzr.JPG

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I love seeing people ripping down the asphalt roads on these things. I wont even ride my scrammys on the paved roads. Tires are expensive.

They will sell lots of them until they close down the roads/ROW to them. I expect to see it happen with all the summer use of sled trail issues happening.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'd rather spend 12k on a 2 up quad than 15k on a side by side. Our woods are pretty tight so you could probably get only a bit deeper into the woods than you could've with your pickup truck anyways.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'd rather spend 12k on a 2 up quad than 15k on a side by side. Our woods are pretty tight so you could probably get only a bit deeper into the woods than you could've with your pickup truck anyways.
A 50" RZR will get into places you wouldn't believe. A 64" is a little more restricted, but not by much, as long as scratches don't bother you.

·
Registered
39,980 Posts
I love seeing people ripping down the asphalt roads on these things. I wont even ride my scrammys on the paved roads. Tires are expensive.

They will sell lots of them until they close down the roads/ROW to them. I expect to see it happen with all the summer use of sled trail issues happening.
I don't mind them ripping down asphalt roads as long as the roads are in rural areas with no traffic, but when they pop out onto busy highways without looking thats where it ends.:wall:

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Mines street legal... friggin run it all over yonder, spent $8k on it.
2012 RZR 900 XP - 77mph

Good times, can haul the mail over 2ft whoops and still be in control

·
Registered
277 Posts
Got a 2016 900ranger. Got about 11000.00 into it. I see they had same ranger listed for sale new this spring for less than 9000.00 with all the rebates. same money as new sleds lot more time to ride them. What dealers lose in sled,sales they more than make up in sxs sales.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts