• 20+ years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of guys seem surprised about the need for suspension tuning, adding iso to gas, problems with 1st year sleds, etc. I am curious how many years experience the average HCS member has...Marc

·
Registered
562 Posts
27 years, been riding ever since filling the diaper. Thanks for starting me off right pop! Plus got over 350 miles on the F7 SP She rips, I am still fine tuning it to my riding style. Gotta say one guy a Yamaha die hard rode it, and I asked him what do you think about it going through the bumps, he says "What Bumps ?" Enough said!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Well let's put it this way. I remember when Merc twisters were unbeatable. And when the Polaris Centurion Crushed at the Regina Minot 250 cross country!

Still wish I could get one of those twisters!
:lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am with you on that joe, I really want to get into the vintage stuff bad. There is one place you can contact that has quite a few twisters which is Image enterprises in Eagle River, WI. They purchased all the inventory from Merc when they gave up on the sleds after the '76 model year.

·
Registered
978 Posts
im 15 now, been ridin my ownsled since i was 8-9!!!

haha now it seems like ive been ridin forever, my dad tells me to pass him because we ride faster and harder wit me leadin (still safe and in control also :D )... haha hes been ridin for like 30+(skip a few here and there) years...

·
Registered
8 Posts
when i was 22 i found out i had been robbed of 22 years of my life not riding. been riding 2 years know and have owned 2 new sleds. 02 zr600 cc that i sold to buy an f7. zr had no suspension!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
my cross countryhad the softest suspention of any sled i had ever been on. i have probaly only rode 15 sleds, but that didn't even take a bump to bottom. it would bottom going fast up a incline. had it to the dealer twice. saw in magazines that that was happening to all cc. no problems with my f7 as of yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
1964. Let me see..............that's 39 years. How can that be? I'm only 29 years old!!!! Now I think I know who the guys were calling an old fart. :angry: :wacko:

·
Registered
773 Posts
This is my second year & third sled.Had a 97 Ski-Doo MXZ 570 & a 2000 440 Liq. Sno Pro last year.Raced the Sno Pro in Sno-X after only riding a sled for 2 days.Last Feb. I bought the 02 Sno Pro & have had a blast on it.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
4 years. Grew up in Michigan, Dad would never buy me a sled. At 17 moved to South Carolina - no snow there. Moved back to Michigan 4 years ago and bought my first sled - 88 Phazer. Next year a 91 Exciter II and then a 93 Indy 600 triple. Last Year bought a Zl 700 brand new and a ZL 550 for the girlfriend. This year a Black Standard F - 7. Love the sled !!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I Started Out Riding An Olympique 12/3 . I Guess I'm Dating Myself Here. No Doubt We've Come A Long Way Since Then !! :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've been riding snowmobiles for 32 years. My wife tells me that I'm obsessed with snowmobiling.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I assume females can reply to this post,too!!......lol
I've been riding since I was very little and driving since I was six......I'm 37 now. Love riding hard and fast, have 700+ miles on my F7 Sabercat and the only problem I have is not having enough time to ride!!!!! B)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Glad to hear that people still respect the Merc Twisters. There are 4 of them sitting in the garage right now....(2) 76 440T/T's and (2) 76 S/T's and a whole mess of parts. Too bad Merc got out of the buisness. I believe that they would have still been light years ahead of Arctic Cat, Yammi, Ski-Donkey, and Polaris. Funny how I appreciate a snowmobile that is older than I am!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts