Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7+ and sled lost a cylinder and piston at one point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
<_< Two turns to bring the marks to the factory lines ( thankyou Arctic Cat for giving me three machines with improper setups from the factory) and three more to bottom the rod out .

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by got snow@Feb 19 2003, 02:15 PM
<_< Two turns to bring the marks to the factory lines ( thankyou Arctic Cat for giving me three machines with improper setups from the factory) and three more to bottom the rod out .
It's the dealers responsibility to check these things in prep. A good indication of how bad a job yours is doing.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is what I am looking for...thanks and keep posting..especially respond here if you blew the motor with less turns

·
Registered
580 Posts
Five turns, my dealer and I agreed to 2.5 turns. At 1000 miles and no problems I didn't want to start having any. Ran great today even with the extra oil added in the fuel so once that tank is gone I will have the same performance before the adjustment. It hit over 40 degrees today and I was working the sled hard in deep snow. Not one hiccup, This 700 cc motor is sound...

·
Registered
485 Posts
To firecat f7 , sorry that quote thing has be baffled. I believe that oil pump set up is NOT a part of Arctic Cats requirements in a P.D.I. . It should be and your right in the fact a good dealer should check it.

T

·
0 Posts
Had some scuffed marks on pistons but not near the rings,had it checked at the dealer and it had 150 psi on both,the oil pump took 2 turns to bottom out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by czy42strokes@Feb 19 2003, 10:17 PM
Five turns, my dealer and I agreed to 2.5 turns. At 1000 miles and no problems I didn't want to start having any. Ran great today even with the extra oil added in the fuel so once that tank is gone I will have the same performance before the adjustment. It hit over 40 degrees today and I was working the sled hard in deep snow. Not one hiccup, This 700 cc motor is sound...
somethings wrong here.. 2.5 turns? A half turn will put the arm out of alignment and will jam the lever.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Originally posted by rob+Feb 20 2003, 06:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-czy42strokes
@Feb 19 2003, 10:17 PM
somethings wrong here.. 2.5 turns? A half turn will put the arm out of alignment and will jam the lever.[/b]
I stated that incorrectly Rob, Mine was 5 turns from bottom, I got the mechanic to settle on half way. He backed it off from bottoming a couple of turns and made sure it was aligned properly. Text typing and my brain do not always work well together..

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Mine was 6 turns from the factory. I was averaging about 60:1 with the stock setting. Just to see what it would do I shortened it 4 turns and that ran at 50:1. I put it back the way it was.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by rob+Feb 20 2003, 07:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-czy42strokes
@Feb 19 2003, 10:17 PM
somethings wrong here.. 2.5 turns? A half turn will put the arm out of alignment and will jam the lever.[/b]
Mine bottomed on the 1/2 turn as well. The question was how many turns to bottom out the pump rod. It took 3 1/2 so of course I aligned it at 3 turns in. After riding there was too much smoke, a big power loss, and the plugs were black so I put it back the way it was from the factory.

·
Registered
54 Posts
gallons of fuel X 128
-------------------------- = Oil ratio
Ounces of oil

Not all motors/rods/pumps/ect are the same, make sure your happy with your usage for the oil type used. toolboy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts