Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how everyone did this year - it was an odd season for snow and trail openings etc., (Port Perry area)
I went out a fair bit considering my area wasn't great. Maybe 2500 miles(?).
My new Assault showed up April 14th, so that was kind of a bummer - alas, until a 900R comes in the Assault, then I will be happy with my 2011 Assault and my 2022.99 Assault. ;)

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
373 Posts
Managed 3000 miles this year. Lot's of times out but only one big trip. It was a weird year. I've got to put it out of my mind that any riding is going to get done before New Year's. Every year I'm hopeful but the season really comes down to mid Jan to mid March -- at least for mid Ontario riding.

·
Premium Member
2016 1200 Renegade X
387 Posts
I did about 2,200kms, with most of that from my door, which is unusual for our location (Kingston area). First ride was Jan 22nd and the last was March 13th, but we trailered north for the final weekend. That's a good year for me, I even missed 2 weekends due to other commitments. I'm typically around 12-1500kms for a season.

Reactions: Hardcoresldr

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Managed 3000 miles this year. Lot's of times out but only one big trip. It was a weird year. I've got to put it out of my mind that any riding is going to get done before New Year's. Every year I'm hopeful but the season really comes down to mid Jan to mid March -- at least for mid Ontario riding.
I hear ya. We got spoiled of the late November/early December riding from the 80's. I miss those days for more reasons than that however - best music, best attitudes and hey, I liked the girls with the big hair ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did about 2,200kms, with most of that from my door, which is unusual for our location (Kingston area). First ride was Jan 22nd and the last was March 13th, but we trailered north for the final weekend. That's a good year for me, I even missed 2 weekends due to other commitments. I'm typically around 12-1500kms for a season.
Yeah we do the north trips a couple times a year and pound out big miles. (New Liskeard/Cochrane areas). Good to hear it was a big mile season for ya! Cheers

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
373 Posts
I hear ya. We got spoiled of the late November/early December riding from the 80's. I miss those days for more reasons than that however - best music, best attitudes and hey, I liked the girls with the big hair ;)
Yup it was a confusing time for us in the 80's. The girls all had big hair... but so did all the guys in the bands we loved. Lol.

·
Registered
20 Khaos 850, 21 EVO and 22 Assault 850
380 Posts
About 1800 miles for me. But I missed more than half the season to surgery. Not the mileage I usually ride in a season but the scenery this year was amazing due to clear conditions lining up on the weekends. Lots of smile per mile

·
Registered
818 Posts
Mine were so low I don't even want to think about it. We didn't have ridable snow till mid-January and then after that every time it did snow it rained after. The clubs did a fantastic job grooming with what little we had.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Late start in ny due to low snowfall. got 4 rides in a little over 400 miles and bam I had a stroke Feb 6th, season over. I just got out last week finally and was able to pull sled out of trailer and get sled and trailer hand washed and dried top to bottom so I could park them next to garage for the summer. But I did get get excited just to smell the sled again and back it out and pull it back in trailer. Recovery slow but hopefully next year I will get some miles on it. Harley is registered and ready now but unfortunately I am not quite there yet.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy Matryx 850 VR1 137
202 Posts
2000 miles on the dot.. Started riding Xmas day and stopped riding last weekend in February. If I would've rode the two weekends in March trails were open I could've done 2400-2500 easy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got my 2022 XCR 850 first week of February, finished Mid March with just over 3500 miles, Snowchecked another XCR 850 for 2023 and took a deposit on the 22 from a friend. Keeping our VR1 650 for a second season, turned out to be the sleeper sled of the season, better on gas and oil and oil gives up a bit on top end speed vs the 850

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy Matryx 850 VR1 137
202 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how many miles I can swing this coming winter with how insane prices have gotten at the pump. Going to hurt the wallet, but I'll always snowmobile so it is what it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts