Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on how many Michigan guys we have out here? I live in Macomb, MI. and work in Southfield.

Last weekend I rode in Mancelona, MI. 12in. snow, decent riding.

Plan on spending some weekends out on Lk. St. Clair (Anchor Bay) doing some dragging. Would like to know who else visits Anchor Bay, maybe we could all meet some day??

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just moved to Northern Jersey, but grew up and still ride a lot in MI - GO REDWINGS!!!

Do most of my riding around the Cadilac area, but also ride quite a bit in Munising and Christmas.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey Mike,

I live in West Bloomfield and have a place up by Blue Lake NW of Frederic.
I ride primarily up in NW Lower Michigan.
If you ever want to hook up to ride up North, let me know.

Kevin B)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Live in Eastpointe
Work in Sterling Heights

Primary starting spot Gaylord (otsego lk), however will ride out of Higgins Lk and Cadilliac also. Planning on the UP in late Feb early March.

As for Lake St. Clair, never been there but know people whom have tried it and they say there are way too many crazy people out there not paying attention, alot of crashes.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My brother lives in Gaylord, MI. My good friends Mom and Grandmother live in Mancelona and another good friends father lives in Canada.

This ='s a lot of great places to ride without the hotel bill! :) I do occasionally look for other fellow riders to shoot up North with, thus spurring this post.

Lk. St. Clair does get pretty crazy at times, but haven't seen any crashes??. It's mostly people hanging out with their cars lined up down the ice, with sleds dragging in the middle.

It's a good time. There are some real die hards out there that bring .plows to clear the ice and even set up light trees for launching off the line.

You have your choice of 2 spots...where the regular stock/modified sleds run or, if you dare, where the FULL Blown, FULL Mod sleds run. These things are FAST!

there's even catering trucks/garbage trucks that will feed you if your hungry.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I live in the Grand Rapids area and ride up by Captainkev, Blue Lake area, and the Eastern UP, usually out of Paradise.

Maybe we should organize a MI ride?? ^_^

Arctic2

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ED L,

I was in Lakes of the North this weekend!

I was thinking of putting together a winter poker run, via snowmobile. You have a number of stops on the trail where you will collect a playing card, at the last stop you will get the last card and everyone sits down and plays poker with your cards.

Best hand WINS! These runs are a blast.

Also, a scavenger hunt of snowmobile parts!

thoughts??

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lives Macomb, Major riding Gaylord Area and free stay at my parent's cabin... :D
Minor riding in any place in UP.
NO F-7.... Will order in 2003 spring...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds Intresting! Let me know when. What color & graphics do you have, I kept seeing a green standard all last weekend. I have a red sabercat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in Blissfield MI, about 15 miles north of Toledo, 40 south of Detroit. I ride somewhere different most weekends, to keep from getting bored. Mainly eastern UP and northwest LP. Indian River is a great hub to ride out of, also St Ignace and Newberry for choice of many trails. Easy to spend a few days and not hit the same trails over and over. I have other spots I would rather not disclose for fear that they become too busy like gaylord and grayling. Mackinaw City can take you to some rather "UP" like riding in the lower, without too much traffic.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Live in West Bloomfield. Ride in Baldwin (Dads Cabin), Boyne City (Rent a Cabin) and all over the UP.

Captain Kev, We should hook up for a Day trip. I got a secret spot. Back and forth in a day.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ed L.

I'm running as you stated....Green Sno-Pro w/standard Graphics. I just ordered the black flame shock covers for it, so keep a look out.

Also, I wear an open face, flourecent orange Polaris helmet with a Troy Lee Design red blinking light on the back.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Blasts,

Where in Macomb are you. I'm at 24 & Hayes!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts