Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club does about 300- 400 hours with the Tucker and about 100 hours with the SWT depending on how long the winter season lasts. Two years ago myself and a friend spent about 200 hours in the Tucker. We won't even talk about last winter. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Round trip on our clubs south trail that I do takes me between 12-15 hours to do once. Do it twice a week for the season, makes many hours sitting in groomer. Haven't figure what total is for year as each have been different in lengths lately. Been out once so far for 17 hours to pack swamp grass and cat-tails down with the tracks only. We got hit with really heavy wet snow over new years so now we have to clear the trail of trees and branches again, 4 of us got 5 1/2 miles done yesterday in 8 hours, another 21 miles do go, might have it done by the weekend so I can go and groom next monday for the first time with the drag and Pan the trail to flatten it out and start filling holes in swamps

·
Registered
419 Posts
The definition of "average" winter seems to be changing. We have put on 3646 hours during the last three years so that works out to over 1200 on average. Four years ago we only got 184. We haven't left the barn yet this year.

This is SO depressing!

·
Registered
476 Posts
We typically run 700-900 hours per year. Last year was close to 1000 hours. This year is about 7 hours so far. Maybe it's for the better as our new PB seems to be in the shop more than on the trail due to a few problems.

·
Registered
419 Posts
We typically run 700-900 hours per year. Last year was close to 1000 hours. This year is about 7 hours so far. Maybe it's for the better as our new PB seems to be in the shop more than on the trail due to a few problems.[/b]
You can't drop a bomb like that without more details. What kind of problems? I truly thought PB was making a one of the finest machines on the market.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
You can't drop a bomb like that without more details. What kind of problems? I truly thought PB was making a one of the finest machines on the market.[/b]
I would also be interested in the "problems" you are experiencing with the Bully! :no_bashing:

What model is it? How old? :dunno:

pathfinder58 :cn:

·
Registered
476 Posts
We purchased a new Trail Edge from the MN PB place. They don't seem to come with cruise control so we had it installed. It comes with three hydraulic attachments but we need a fourth for our custom drag. Delivery of the groomer was delayed almost three weeks due to an electrical issue on the cruise, which was fixed before it was delivered. Second, when the dealer closed the rear deck, a hydraulic line wasn't routed properly and a switch was pinched, so the groomer driver replaced it. After a very short time, one of the rear hydraulics stopped working. Dealer sent up his guy to fix it and now it is back at the dealer for repair with less than 20 hours on it. Two other items that reduce my confidence in the dealer are that they couldn't seem to find new tracks for our purchase. They had to install used ones until the new ones came in. Second, they had to install a used brush guard until the new one came in. I hope that this dealer comes through as the paper specs and word of mouth are outstanding on PB's. At least we haven't had the opportunity to drop it in a water filled ditch like the club to the west of us. They got the same machine an found out it doen't water skip very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.