Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who had to bail, who got charged for the cancel date, and what lodging locationa actually worked with you in regards to to the weather?
Gotta be some advice out there now. :fluffy:

Come on snow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own and operate Partridge Cabins. Told everyone the truth...not too hard...no snow, no trails open. Sent money back. Very simple.
There are, however, a few guest coming up to relax and unwind before they all go back to work on Tuesday. What else can you or we do?
For those that are here, we plan on doing a snow dance infront of a bon fire!

This really is WHERE WINTER COMES TO PLAY

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just as Partridge did we refunded a deposit because of trails not being open , and another guest decided to come anyways to relax and come the the Ridgerunners Turkey feed , Its only fair .
RX1TON
Keith

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I learned my lessson the hardway last year, had made reservations 3 times, once in jan, once in feb, and once in march, had to cancel EVERY SINGLE TRIP

i no longer make reservations more then a week in advance...

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
I own and operate Partridge Cabins. Told everyone the truth...not too hard...no snow, no trails open. Sent money back. Very simple.
There are, however, a few guest coming up to relax and unwind before they all go back to work on Tuesday. What else can you or we do?

This really is WHERE WINTER COMES TO PLAY[/b]
Welcome aboard, its about time we had some input from the Queen of the Cones! :div20: :fluffy:

pathfinder58 :cn: :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
59,458 Posts

This really is WHERE WINTER COMES TO PLAY[/b]
what time is bon fire????and where

ill be up there bored im sure

G

·
Just cancelled at sportsmans lodge for tonight till mon. All they did was take $50 that we would get credit for next time we stay there. Prity fair if u ask me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
METALLAK SHORES ARE AWSOME WHEN IT COMES TO RESERVATIONS THEY ARE GREAT WHEN IT COMES TO CERTAIAN SITUATIONS THAT ARISE JUST LIKE THE SNOW CONDITIONS THAT EVERYONE IS EXPERIENCING IN NORTH COUNTRY AWSOME PLACE TO STAY :div20:

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
dont be a pussy and cancel -- go up and relax, go out to eat etc... there will be snow.... now someone else will stay in your place and go riding while your home wacking it

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
I learned my lessson the hardway last year, had made reservations 3 times, once in jan, once in feb, and once in march, had to cancel EVERY SINGLE TRIP

i no longer make reservations more then a week in advance...[/b]

wasnt because of lack of snow then ... sounds like your lack of planning

·
Registered
9 Posts
Their site is listed in PRR's website, in goods and services.

Welcome to HCS Partridgecabins, I missed your cones last summer on vacation, did'nt know. :banghead:[/b]

You do relize, that the way this winter, or lack of winter, I could have sold ice cream until...wait...TODAY! I think I would have made more money!
Opening again in May...unless, of course, we still have lots of SNOW, then I will still be riding!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
LOL.... We'll definately stop by during the summer. My son wants to do some quad riding so we are planning on another couple of days this summer. :ylsuper:

I had to laugh a bit - when we were up there in July, one of the high's for the day was like 56 or 58. It has been over 56 here I can't count how many times this month..... :banghead: :dunno: :frech32:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with Lopstick Lodge. I spoke to them earlier and they had stated that if we give them advanced notice for them to try and rent it out that they would refund us the money but if we canceled last minute that there would be no refund and would not transfer our deposit over for a future date. Now I'm not trying to bash them, but after reading all the supporting members on here giving refunds as they feel "it's the right thing to do" I don't think I will be back to Lopstick after this date.

I've rented from them 6 times in 4 years with an average group of 8-9 people and would think that they would be flexible with the lack of snow up there. After all, how many people will spend $2,000 in a 4 night, 5 day vacation with no show in February?? Chances of them renting out a $2k house are slim to none if the conditions stay like this so we are either forced to cancel within the next day or two or keep our reservation and lose out on the $350 if we cancel later.

I had expressed that I'm not looking to get my money back, rather just have them put it towards a future stay.

·
Registered
63 Posts
BLWN SMOKE YOUR NOT THE FIRST PERSON DISAPPOINTED WITH LOPSTCK MY FRIENDS WERE TREATED THE SAME WAY I,VE BEEN GOING TO PITTSBURG NH FOR A LONG TIME AND I ONLY STAY AT ONE PLACE METALLAK SHOES THEY TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY LIKE I SAY HAPPY SNOWMOBILERS ARE WHAT KEEP BUSINESSES ALIVE I,M NOT HERE TO BASH LODGING ESTABLISHMENTS BUT THEY HAVE TO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE GO TO PITTSBURG NH FOR THE SNOWMOBILING NOT TO SIT IN THE CABIN AND LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AT YOUR SLEDS LIKE I SAY THIS IS A VERY EXPENSIVE SPORT WHERE WE ALL SPEND ALOT OF MONEY WHEN WE ARE UP IN PITTSBURG NH EVERY PERSON WHO HAS INTEREST IN THIS SPORT ARE DISAPPOINTED I'VE PUSHED MY OWN TRIPS OUT TO LATE JAN I HAVE A GUYS WEEKEND WITH 10 GUYS SUPPOSE TO BE THERE JAN 12 HAD TO PUSH THAT OUT TO FEB THIS YEAR HOPEFULLY TURNS BETTER SO WE ALL CAN STOP WORRYING PRAY FOR SNOW :fluffy: :beer:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.