Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My point is if the dealer said to drop it off how long does it sit there now. Why would they want shit load of sleds sitting at dealer as opposed to making an appointment bring sled in and getting it out of there the same day. I would think getting in and out would be better for both parties. My dealer called me 11/2 and said get it here it is first come first served and it wont be touched until end of month. There are sleds and trailers everywhere seems crazy to me but I guess this whole ordeal is crazy for all of us consumers and dealers. Thats why I started thread how many days at dealer. No web cams so for all I know it is not even still there. God please!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
My point is if the dealer said to drop it off how long does it sit there now. Why would they want shit load of sleds sitting at dealer as opposed to making an appointment bring sled in and getting it out of there the same day. I would think getting in and out would be better for both parties. My dealer called me 11/2 and said get it here it is first come first served and it wont be touched until end of month. There are sleds and trailers everywhere seems crazy to me but I guess this whole ordeal is crazy for all of us consumers and dealers. Thats why I started thread how many days at dealer. No web cams so for all I know it is not even still there. God please!!
Every dealer around me that I know of has a list or the ability to make an appt and are only addressing sleds they sold first with the initial kits sent by Polaris and then will take anyones sled once they can order more kits in December. The whole situation is a bit crazy but at least they’re trying to take care of their own first which I agree with And they’re trying to make it somewhat fair and organized as best they can. The first come gets first served method by leaving your shit in a pile there you mentioned is ridiculous.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
3,150 Posts
Every dealer will have a different approach. I told my dealer how long I expect for my sled to sit there.
They initially said 1 week and I get that. I said pick the day you will do mine and I'll drop it off in the morning when you open and be back later in the day to pick it up.
I'm sure some dealers won't care if your sled is there for a month or better.
Rather than asking guys in a forum for hundreds of different voices I'd have this conversation with my dealer and tell him what you expect to happen if you don't like his answer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Each dealer makes their own choices how they're going to handle the recall. Just my opinion but the first come just drop off your sled sounds like a mess. Your asking to be bombarded with phone calls on the status of the sleds and when there going to be done. My dealer has a list starting with customers that bought the sleds from them and they are calling the customers when parts are available to bring their sled(s) in and turned around within a day.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Each dealer makes their own choices how they're going to handle the recall. Just my opinion but the first come just drop off your sled sounds like a mess. Your asking to be bombarded with phone calls on the status of the sleds and when there going to be done. My dealer has a list starting with customers that bought the sleds from them and they are calling the customers when parts are available to bring their sled(s) in and turned around within a day.
You bring up a good point on the first come first serve policy. However, I throw a lot of this blame on Polaris instead of the dealers. Polaris has not been very clear how soon they will see parts and how many they will see. Lots of moving parts causing the confusion. Hence making appointments would be setting up dealers to fail as well given consumers would bitch and moan if appointments got postponed because the parts didn't come in.

My dealer has plenty of space so I just dropped off my trailer with two sleds for a month. They are getting serviced and recalls when the parts come in. Dealers without the space don't have this luxury unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts