Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people burped their sleds and the coolant level stayed the same. Did mine the other night and it didn't even move.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would assume that's because your dealer must have done it, and did it correctly. I talked to my dealer before burping it myself and he said don't bother because he did it twice. My wife's ZL did need coolant though!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, my dealer didn't do it, I picked it up in October when they didn't know there was a problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We have been calling our customers and having them bring the sleds back in to verify there is no air in the system and we have been able to get very few to take any more coolant.
Steve

·
Registered
720 Posts
I burped it and the level didn't change. I now have 200 miles on the sled with no problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just burped today, 220 miles on my sled needed no coolant. Probably would have had a problem by now if there was air in the system. Adjusted the track also which was a little different than my ZL. Overall no problems with my F7 to date.

Cya

Bryan

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I got my sled in October also, so it was'nt burped by dealer.I was never able to get it to take any coolant using both burping procedures. I have 200 miles now. No updates done yet and hav'nt had any problems either.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i was at my dealer when my sled came out of the crate and put it together with him-we did not burp it then 'cause we did not know about the problem-then rode about 40 miles before the bulletin was published-burped it and did not have to add any coolant

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had 300 miles on my sled even before i heard about the problem. I these were through rough trails so if there was a bubble it would have worked itself out into the overflow or into the head and boom. My collant level has never changed

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
I burped my sled and I didn't need coolant. Sled is running great with 400 miles.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I installed a temp gauge... so all the coolant was drained from sled and then re-added. No problem yet. reburped my sled and it didn't need any. I have 350 miles of bumpier than hell riding since then. If i had a bumble my engine should have siezed by now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I put it on a stand and ran it till the right running
board got warm and had to add coolent. I did it again
and had to add to it again total of 2.5 miles 2 diff times.
Then found out about burpping so I burpped it and did
not have to add water to it. 135 miles on it now and no
prob so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've never burped mine................I figured I wouldn't worry about it since my dealer "run through" consisted of............"here's your keys".....I said ......"Thanks"!

It'll be the dealers or Cat's warranty. 280 miles on sled now - temp light flashed once but it was idling for about 15-20 minutes after riding it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Checked the level when I first got It and twice after burping, hasn't changed yet! Not too particularly concerned about it anymore! :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
had to add about 1 quart to mine after 7 miles, me and the dealer burped it,
picked mine up in october before all of this hoopla!!
but no drop in level since the first time

·
Registered
780 Posts
After about 20 miles my sled needed more coolant, there was an Air bubble, the tank was nearly empty. Reburped it at 40 and 60 miles, never had to add coolant until an air bubble found it's way into the head at 100 miles this weekend and took out the mag side cylinder. Don't assume it's fine. Always check your running boards every ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts