Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to bled my baby I am wondering how long is long enough. I made sur coolent level was full raised sled up 45" and tiped to pto side. I let it run for 1/2 hour between 1300 and 3400 rpm. I lowered sled and checked coolant twice was not low. did not see any air leave the system do you guys thing this was long enough <_<

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Hell yes-if your rear cooler is getting hot trust me that coolant is flowing fine-how did the heads feel after a half an hour,i bet they where pretty damn hot with no snow cooling the heat exchangers-if your rear exchanger starts feeling to hot to touch,shut her down,let it cool off and check your coolant and your good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
jump it off a house,youll get some air!!!!!!!!!!if your not getting any air out of the coolant,another words you havent had to add any coolant,trust me thats great news,your dealer did a good job prepping-not all firecats had this cooling problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
When mine was not burped correctly, this prior to the problem was known. I only made 3 miles before the check engine light started to flash, and on steady by 4 miles...... Messed up my ride, but no big deal

·
Registered
394 Posts
bee I LOVE IT " jump it off a house" he he. Lets ride and let the fools worry about BURPING there babys!
Have you people ever owned a sled before?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I ran my sled for about 40 min's total. All the exchangers got hot and finally the check engine light started to flash. It was about 25°F outside. Coolant did not budge, stayed full. I have about 4 miles on the sled, going to try to get a few more today.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Personally I agree with the above post by firecatsnopro...I think that people are getting paranoid about this whole issue. I ran mine on its side elevated for ~5 minutes after it was warm and the coolant level stayed where it needs to be. I have owned numerous liquid cooled sleds and never once have I burped the coolant system and have not had any problems to date. I gotta imagine that these same problems have existed on many new sleds to date, but were never this informed. I agree that there is reason for concern, but not paranoia. I also have to imagine that running the sled on its side with no cooling snow for 30 minutes cannot be the greatest on the engine either. Use it and enjoy it...dont waste all your riding time trying to get air out of the cooling system that probably does not exist anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts