Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't ride until march. Do you guys think we will have snow up north then. What have we had in the past, its hard to remember that long ago.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
St. Patties day weekend has always been my last ride. March 17'th'ish? maybe?

But I always have traveled well into the snowbelt to pull off "the last ride" we usually are done by then around Minocqua.

Hurley, Watersmeet, Crystal falls, anywhere north of Manitowish Waters usually has good riding yet. They always seem to get that fun deep powder during the late season.

How are things in Vicodin-land? Still hurtin or is it starting to calm down a bit?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the vicodins good. Im trying to shut it down soon. Im getting resistant to it. The left overs willbe good for headaches and pulled muscles in the future. But the arm is getting better March 1st trying to get back to work, then get a long weekend to get one trip in this year.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We are usually able to ride well into April on some powerlines in Da U.P.. THe last ride of the season was almost 60F and riding in long sleeve t-shirts. There was still 2-3' of snow in most areas. We tried to get back in late April, but my two riding buddies could not get off of work. We usually have the powerlines and logging roads all to ourselves and it is the best!

·
Registered
405 Posts
You just need to know where to go, and have a way to get there to make really late season riding possible. The area we ride is a popular area with the locals and their 4x4's. They had been mud bogging on the main trail into where we ride and it was a little more difficult to access than normal. On the way out I was balancing on a 5' snowbank and my sled wanted to go down the hill. It started to roll and I bailed leaving my sled upside down in knee deep mud. My buddy thought I made it so he took off and left me to fend for myself. I might add that 100' away there were some (unfriendly?) locals shooting guns which made it more interesting :uzi:. Needless to say we are looking for a new access point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.