Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New this year '06 Crossfire 600 and love it (1300+ miles), but I have an opportunity to get into a 2007 F6 with 200 miles on it real cheap. (he traded on a 800)

What do you guys think this sled, especially from the guys who actually own them!!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody with any opinions??

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
If you like the Xfire 6, then I'm sure you would really like the new F6. Chassis is awesome!

The cat 600, what dynoed 130h.p and beat the mach Z in box stock form at the snow week shootout lol, gotta like that.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would love to give ya a report, but this friggin' weather hasn't been cooperating. I would like to here from anyone who has actually been able to ride theirs and see what they think though.[/b]

Sorry to hear that!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The sixes are running pretty damn well! Make sure and check your belt deflection( should be an 1/8" high in the secondary) just so your getting the most out of it. Should wing up to 7900-7950 and build to 8100 at the most. But the motor has been running very strong with good response through the whole powerband. If you like the bumps your going to frickin love the sno pro!! The thing begs to be abused in the moguls and ditch banging..Flies straight and floats over crossings at sixtey to eightly like nothing I have ever been on. I do enjoy a good ride on the crossfire, but there is no contest imo as to which chassis is funner in the rough stuff. But if you do any off trail stuff (when there is F!#^in snow) you may want to hang on to the crossfire. Not that the F isn't capable, but.....I've been on all of them this year 6's, 8's, and one liter's and still love to get on the six and rip through the woods on trails and ditches. Nice and light, nible and quick....Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sixes are running pretty damn well! Make sure and check your belt deflection( should be an 1/8" high in the secondary) just so your getting the most out of it. Should wing up to 7900-7950 and build to 8100 at the most. But the motor has been running very strong with good response through the whole powerband. If you like the bumps your going to frickin love the sno pro!! The thing begs to be abused in the moguls and ditch banging..Flies straight and floats over crossings at sixtey to eightly like nothing I have ever been on. I do enjoy a good ride on the crossfire, but there is no contest imo as to which chassis is funner in the rough stuff. But if you do any off trail stuff (when there is F!#^in snow) you may want to hang on to the crossfire. Not that the F isn't capable, but.....I've been on all of them this year 6's, 8's, and one liter's and still love to get on the six and rip through the woods on trails and ditches. Nice and light, nible and quick....Hope this helps![/b]

Great review!!

How is the F-series off the trail compared to the X-fire or the old Firecat Chassis???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Obviously your longer track in the cross fire is going to shine here...But we did do some off trail running out in Island Park early this year when there was about a foot and a half to two feet everywhere. I thought they went through the trees and up a few hills pretty damn well for a short tracker. A couple of hills we tryed took a few runs at it to crest em, and it was just barly creepin at the end, but all in all I was impressed. Not quite as easy as the crossfire for side hilling and the like cause you don't have the length of track to get kicked under you, but a damn good time none the less. Where they really shine is the trails and ditches. Downright nasty!!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Obviously your longer track in the cross fire is going to shine here...But we did do some off trail running out in Island Park early this year when there was about a foot and a half to two feet everywhere. I thought they went through the trees and up a few hills pretty damn well for a short tracker. A couple of hills we tryed took a few runs at it to crest em, and it was just barly creepin at the end, but all in all I was impressed. Not quite as easy as the crossfire for side hilling and the like cause you don't have the length of track to get kicked under you, but a damn good time none the less. Where they really shine is the trails and ditches. Downright nasty!![/b]

Great thanks!!!

I just told my dealer I was taking it. Would it be wise to put an 1-1/4" track on it??

·
Registered
77 Posts
You will lose a few mph, but I would for sure!! Unless your planning on studding..... then I would just leave it. The tracks that come in them standard are fairly good for most conditions, but they could definately use more bite even on the trails.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You will lose a few mph, but I would for sure!! Unless your planning on studding..... then I would just leave it. The tracks that come in them standard are fairly good for most conditions, but they could definately use more bite even on the trails.[/b]
What kind up top end were you seeing on the 600???

Or did you get a chance to run it that fast?

Also how is the riding position compared to what my X-fire was?

·
Registered
77 Posts
the most we have seen out of our sixes was 96, but that was at 6800 feet..... haven't had a chance to open them up at low cause there ain't no F!#%in snow!!! Without a doubt, you will be able to find a position that suits you!! The crossfire is a damn nice sled for ride and handleing!!! But just wait till you rip on the F!!

·
Registered
Lynx XTrim 850 RE3500 -18
269 Posts
Last spring I rode some demo-machines the local dealer had. It was a Crossfire 800, F8 (with F6 pipe so the motor wasn't running 100%) and a Z1.

I jumped from the Crossfire to the F8 and back to the Crossfire... the CF just felt "old".. and when I first rode it I thought it had a great riding position. It still has but that was what I felt when jumping between them. The seat is better on th CF though, not as wide.

Pushing the F8 into corners made do just that... push. But that shouldn't be a problem, new runners or skis and I think the problem is gone.
The Z1 showed the same behaviour. But running over moguls? No problem!

I'd love to buy a new F but I just bought a house and we have almost no snow here in Sweden...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great reviews guys... thanks alot!!!

Mine is the std model, so is this seating position fairly similar to the X-fire??

I have sat on the sno-pro version with the seat all the way up and thought that was great, but never experimented to see how it felt all the way down!!

Sounds like I will love it though!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I know you asked about 600's I have an 800 but what these guys are saying about this F chasis is true I could'nt agree more,,, the sled is nasty in the bumps rides right, flys straight you wont regret it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.