Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to get an 03 pro x and I really wanna put after market bars on. I love the look of the fly mini bends. I hear with stock bars 6 inches is the highest you can go. I'm 6'2 and growing and I love to ride in the powder and jump so I would like high bars. Whats the highest riser I could go with these bars and not need extensions. I did a search and came up with that 6.5inch riser with stock bars is just about the highest I can go is this true? Thanks.

Jared

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I went with 6" on my '04 and that was about all I could do without extensions. Even with the hi-rise Boss seat it works well for me at 6'5."

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by mattys4888@Aug 26 2005, 08:02 PM
i have fly mini's and a 4 inch fly riser on my 04 and everything fits fine
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849172
[/quote]

I think I'm going to do that set up. I have been talking to another member on here about his sled and it just looks so sick with the low chrome windshield and the fly minis. Just seems to low for me but I really don't want to have to get new brake lines. Anyone run hand gaurds on their fly bars? I plan to put on pro x2 hand gaurds but probably clear because they look sick. How high do the minis rise up? If you have any pics of your set up I would love to see it. You can post them here or send them to [email protected]. Thanks.

Jared

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Matt thats pretty much what I want to run (racing seat, mini bend) how high is that riser? Are the bars high enough to be able to stand up for a long time? How much higher is the pro x2 seat compared to a pro x seat? Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
the riser is a 4 inch the bars 4.5 so a total of 8.5 rise i never sit really, vey comfortable, get the xr seat not the x2 seat the xr stays firmer longer, the xr seat is like 2 inchs higher

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those bars rise 4.5 inches? Really? They looks like maybe a 3 inch rise max. Does the pro x2 have longer cables than the 03 pro x. Yea I would get the pro xr (real racing) seat because the red matches better. I was hoping to get about 8 inch rise but wasn't sure it was possible. I hope it is though.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Ihave been running the 3m grips that are in the polaris high performance cat... they are still thin enough the grip heater work well but are much better then the oem hard plastic grips. If you heat up the stock grips and use compressed air under the grip they blow right off without damageing the heaters. use a little windex to lube the new ones going on.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you say blow the grips right off you mean put the air compressor nozzle in the hole right? Yea thats an old trick I see used almost every day. I do it on bike grips. Can I get a link to the 3m grips from polaris? Are the heaters glued to the bars?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I see I don't know what that 85 is im assuming its milimeters. I was told the freeride bars were 5.5 inches high. That doesn't make sense since the freeride are 45 inches higher than the minis . I believe you matty its just how high are the freeride bars then? They don't see to rise 4.5 inches in any of the pictures I have seen the freerides do seem 5.5 inches tall though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts