·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering over all how do you like you fcat and would you buy one again

·
Registered
269 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D B) B) B) B) B) :p :p :p ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. would buy one in a minute :D

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
after 1,000 miles
PRO'S
looks
power
lightweight
comfort
wind protection
stability
simplicity
cooling system
brakes
snopro track !
suspension
headlights
CON'S
fit and finish
lack of storage
speedo lighting
handling at low speeds in powder

my opinion on this sled is i think cat could have taken the time to "detail" it a little better instead of just tossing it out to the general public . some of the things that have bulletins out on them are plain dumb, the pull cord for example , how nobody saw this is beyond me .
if cat really wants to stand out beyond the rest , they should fire their quality control guy and hire someone that at least cares about the product going out to the general public instead of throwing it on the dealers laps . how sleds with missing or badly mis-aligned decals even left the factory is outright WRONG !
the sled platform is awsome once theconsumer/dealer finishes what cat was supposed to do in the first place. my f-5 snopro has been great to me and the thing rips as well as cruises , so far im happy . will i buy another cat ? maybe maybe not , im undecided at this point . :mellow:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Jan 6 2003, 07:23 AM
if cat really wants to stand out beyond the rest , they should fire their quality control guy and hire someone that at least cares about the product going out to the general public instead of throwing it on the dealers laps .
I think the horse is out of the barn by the time the sled gets to Quality Control. Most of Cat's problems are design problems in my opinion. They have shown improvement, but still need more work. As evidenced by the late heat exchanger changes and added weight, Cat was still making changes to their design extremely late in the production process. This is dangerous territory. If the very late heat exchanger changes weren't needed, we wouldn't be asking every F7 owner if they burped their baby, etc...Marc

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well after a little of a ROCKY START :wacko: with it, I am :wub: in LOVE with this sled :wub: I would buy again if given the reason to do so. This thing is fast as a rocket, and isn't sooo bad in powder. I got a chance to ride it in 2' powder, and it was AWESOME. Just hang off the side, and THROTTLE your way to the other side B)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'll let you knowwhen I get my F5 back from the shop. It was great until it took a crap- wont go over 50 mph.

This is my first new Cat and all of the initial quality problems are quite disapointing. But if it kicks butt and stays together after all the updates are done then yes I will be happy.

Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
only minor problems here, yes i love the sled, probally will by a 2004, should be flawless next year
guage lighting is the only complaint that i have, that has'nt been fixed by cat!

·
Registered
780 Posts
If I get it back and it doesn't let me down again more than once this year, yes I will probably buy another, as they work great. Nobody can touch Cat Suspension or that F7 Motor. However I am a little upset that I feel like I will have to buy an '04 just to get a sled that is built better and won't let me down. I like to keep sleds 2 years, but I think were better off to dump these R&D specials and buy '04's that should have most of the bugs worked out. I think Cat should give us some extra Cat Cash as customer loyalty to help buy an '04 and compensate for possibly low resales on our '03's.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
How is them taking care of the (small) problems going to lower the resale, and when has a snowmobile ever had a good resale?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the comments

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm glad i bought it vice the little problems. This thing rips!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts