Hardcore Sledder banner

With the low snow conditions in the Midwest,how far will you go away from home?any length of time

• Dont have a trailer,so I'm stuck!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-250 miles

• 251-500 miles

• 501-1000 miles

• 1001-2000 miles

• I'll drive across the country if I have to!

• Putting them on the plane going overseas!

How far will you go?

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  dave cat 7 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about going out west.This would be my first trip and I just wanted to see how far ya'll would go,or have gone. Also if you want,tell me your coolest trip,where you went.Maybe it's your backyard,maybe you trailered,let me hear it ! thanks

#2 ·
I have never traveled more than 250 miles before to sled, but this year is different, I am heading to Houghton, Michigan Jan 12 and I believe it will be a 9 hour drive or so. All my buddies have been to Yellowstone and out to the upper Up before so this trip is new to me. In the summer I drive every spring to Ear Falls Ontario for fishing, it is a 13 hour drive and two hours by boat once we get there. I have decided that is why my snowmobile trailor has wheels, I can't sit and wait for snow anymore. My borther in law called me at 7 am this morning to report that it is snowing like craxy in Eau claire Wis, Well I am off but my F7 is in the shop for all the bulletins. Just my luck. :angry:

#4 ·
Originally posted by czy42strokes@Dec 28 2002, 08:48 AM
I have never traveled more than 250 miles before to sled, but this year is different, I am heading to Houghton, Michigan Jan 12 and I believe it will be a 9 hour drive or so. All my buddies have been to Yellowstone and out to the upper Up before so this trip is new to me. In the summer I drive every spring to Ear Falls Ontario for fishing, it is a 13 hour drive and two hours by boat once we get there. I have decided that is why my snowmobile trailor has wheels, I can't sit and wait for snow anymore. My borther in law called me at 7 am this morning to report that it is snowing like craxy in Eau claire Wis, Well I am off but my F7 is in the shop for all the bulletins. Just my luck. :angry:
Well we have about 2 feet here in Dryden and everywhere north of here(Ear Falls too) is supposed to have a fair amount more.

ROAD TRIP! :p

#6 ·
Originally posted by flyingf7sp+Dec 28 2002, 01:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-czy42strokes
@Dec 28 2002, 08:48 AM
I have never traveled more than 250 miles before to sled, but this year is different, I am heading to Houghton, Michigan Jan 12 and I believe it will be a 9 hour drive or so. All my buddies have been to Yellowstone and out to the upper Up before so this trip is new to me. In the summer I drive every spring to Ear Falls Ontario for fishing, it is a 13 hour drive and two hours by boat once we get there. I have decided that is why my snowmobile trailor has wheels, I can't sit and wait for snow anymore. My borther in law called me at 7 am this morning to report that it is snowing like craxy in Eau claire Wis, Well I am off but my F7 is in the shop for all the bulletins. Just my luck.  :angry:
Well we have about 2 feet here in Dryden and everywhere north of here(Ear Falls too) is supposed to have a fair amount more.

ROAD TRIP! :p[/b]
With all the rocks up in Dryden I would imagine you need at least two feet to cover them, I see the signs for trails along the road side and wonder how in the world a sled survives up there. ^_^ A bunch from my area go up to ontario every winter and say it is great riding. Maybe I will see you on the trails flyingf7sp. B)

#10 ·
Originally posted by czy42strokes@Dec 28 2002, 05:46 PM
With all the rocks up in Dryden I would imagine you need at least two feet to cover them, I see the signs for trails along the road side and wonder how in the world a sled survives up there. ^_^ A bunch from my area go up to ontario every winter and say it is great riding. Maybe I will see you on the trails flyingf7sp. B)
Yeah it's just enough right now, but more snow coming(hopefully). If you make it up here you won't miss me, I'll be the glowing ball of green and orange! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.