Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2003 XC SP 600 as of this year and have ridden it once. I was curious as to people thoughts on the 2002 MXZ in comparison. Reliability, handling, power etc. I know my sled is about as bulletproof as they come but I rode a ZX 2000 Formula 600 for about a half hour and some aspects of it felt nicer but we were in a bunch of powder. Felt a little lighter and easier to steer. Maybe a little snappier but I also don’t have the best belt/cleanest clutches currently. Always wondered about the 02s specifically as it seems like any 800 is crap, 700 isn’t making parts anymore and the 600ho have ring problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2000 mxz 700. The sled is very fast and rides actually very good, I did a rev seat swap and what a difference it makes! Very reliable sled. I think you would like the zx chassis!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The 600 XC SP is one fantastic sled for it's era. Strong, fast, excellent handling, damned good ride, and reliable. Not to say the Doo is a bad sled........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '02 MXZ 800 which is completely stock. My riding buddy has an '02 700 Edge. His Edge has an upgraded exhaust (pipe and can) and is re-jetted. They were dead even in speed until he replaced his track late last season. His Edge is slightly quicker now (it should be).

However I prefer the ride and handling of my MXZ. The front feels much more planted to the ground. I think his Edge feels too light in the front.

My I bought my MXZ 5 season ago from the original owner. It has been a GREAT sled. My only reservation it is very tough on gas and oil. The gas mileage is poor. right around 90 to 100 miles per tank.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Some years back I got a chance to ride an '02 MXZ700 for several miles. Even being a trailing arm sled, it rode and handled pretty darn good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Im a big fan of the ski doo mxz zx chassi.

They handle very well , the suspension is very comfortabl the series 3 is a very reliable engine an very easy to work on an maintain. They respond best to clutching an gearing , but RKtek offers mods for ski doo like head work an porting.

I have a 2002 mxz zx 700 now an she flys moves good but i haven't ran any one yet my 1st year with this sled.

I had 2000 mxz 600 before my 700 an she had alot of power for a 600 she would doo 105 mph no problem. Very amazing trail manners to you can just cruze all day an be comfortable. The suspension soaks the bumps up Very well.

I recommend looking for an adrenaline model you will have more options an better shocks than the mxz sport. The adrenaline should have DPM an that makes your jetting much more flexible in different temperatures.

I dont have any experience with the 2003 polaris but i know polaris really had there engines dialed in really good an there 700s were pretty strong.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
They are 6 of one half dozen of the other IMO. It would not be an upgrade. If you want to upgrade for not a lot of money look at a Rev. That is game changing compared to the Edge or MXZ of that era.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Only ridden a 01 MXZx 800, with a very capable - but firm, almost harsh suspension. IIRC, It cornered flatter, with less body roll and felt sharper than another buddies 01 xc800. Also felt a little bit "nervous" in the front compared to the more forgiving edge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts