Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 XC SP 600 as of this year and have ridden it once. I was curious as to people thoughts on the 2002 MXZ in comparison. Reliability, handling, power etc. I know my sled is about as bulletproof as they come but I rode a ZX 2000 Formula 600 for about a half hour and some aspects of it felt nicer but we were in a bunch of powder. Felt a little lighter and easier to steer. Maybe a little snappier but I also don’t have the best belt/cleanest clutches currently. Always wondered about the 02s specifically as it seems like any 800 is crap, 700 isn’t making parts anymore and the 600ho have ring problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2000 mxz 700. The sled is very fast and rides actually very good, I did a rev seat swap and what a difference it makes! Very reliable sled. I think you would like the zx chassis!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The 600 XC SP is one fantastic sled for it's era. Strong, fast, excellent handling, damned good ride, and reliable. Not to say the Doo is a bad sled........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '02 MXZ 800 which is completely stock. My riding buddy has an '02 700 Edge. His Edge has an upgraded exhaust (pipe and can) and is re-jetted. They were dead even in speed until he replaced his track late last season. His Edge is slightly quicker now (it should be).

However I prefer the ride and handling of my MXZ. The front feels much more planted to the ground. I think his Edge feels too light in the front.

My I bought my MXZ 5 season ago from the original owner. It has been a GREAT sled. My only reservation it is very tough on gas and oil. The gas mileage is poor. right around 90 to 100 miles per tank.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Some years back I got a chance to ride an '02 MXZ700 for several miles. Even being a trailing arm sled, it rode and handled pretty darn good.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The ZX Doos were the best conventional sleds Doo ever built. Build quality and materials are much better than the Polaris also. Can't go wrong with a ZX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts