Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several posts about stolen sleds and thought about how I protect mine and what others may do to protect theirs.

I realize that if someone wants to steal a sled they are going to steal a sled. I believe that most sleds are stolen on impulse. Someone happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and the thief see's easy pickin's or decides a little "joy ride" would be nice.

I have four long/standard locks that I use to protect my sleds. I place two locks through the safety chains into the hitch. If someone wants my trailer they are going to have to cut through two locks. As far as the actual sleds go I run one lock through the pin holes on the bottom of the trailer top through the bed. If someone wants to open the trailer they are going to have to cut two locks.

So, I am interested in hearing what others do to protect their sleds from the Cat Burglar.

Alright, to be "brand neutral" or the "Doo Burglar" or "Poo Burglar" or "Yami Burglar" :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Under the protection of a .303 British High Power, or .308, shoot first, ask later. lol....I ain't giving away secrets, thats how it gets stolen. Sorry man.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I keep mine locked in my shed. In the shed they are bolted to a concrete floor. No windows in the shed and solid door locks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Right now because I have no shop or garage to keep my sleds in, I keep it covered and tarped on the open trailer locked front and back with kryptonite cable locks front and back, trailer is backed right up to the house with the tongue on the ground and either the truck or the car backed up over the tongue and touching the deflector. The hitch has a lock on it and one tire is normally off the trailer. Its not 100% safe (what really is) but if someone wants it they are gonna be there for a while.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't really do anything to keep my sled from getting stolen. That is what insurance is for. Plus in Old Forge most people aren't stealers.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep mine locked in my shed. In the shed they are bolted to a concrete floor. No windows in the shed and solid door locks.[/b]
A little paranoid are we? Don't worry, just keep from doing what the voices in your head keep telling you to do.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't really do anything to keep my sled from getting stolen. That is what insurance is for. Plus in Old Forge most people aren't stealers.[/b]
If we get some members to post on this thread I think your going to be in the vast majority. I like what Regan said "Trust but lock your shit up" Well, something like that.. ;)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I got two dogs, One is mean, ill tempered,and downright nasty...The other is'nt 1/2 as nice. That and a 12 gauge keeps them safe.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
So do you take the dogs when you go out for a run ?[/b]
no just the 12 gauge.....lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts