Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,174 Posts
Its not for trail riding….just off trail playing around.
Kind of like riding wheelies on a dirtbike.Its not my thing but some people literally do it all day.
I used to get ticked off when any of my sleds would wheelie, my XC Edge with the 285HP 1214cc triple would almost flip over backwards if it got a good hookup, it was one of my trail sleds with an all stock suspension and 240 studs.

·
Registered
47,343 Posts
I used to get ticked off when any of my sleds would wheelie, my XC Edge with the 285HP 1214cc triple would almost flip over backwards if it got a good hookup, it was one of my trail sleds with an all stock suspension and 240 studs.
None of my gen2 or edge sleds were ever setup to wheelie when doing bag trips. I set them up for nothing, but trail use with a fully coupled skid. When it came to drag racing i had another sled.

·
Registered
47,343 Posts
Me too. There are no torsion springs in most modern snow drag race sleds around here anymore. I’ve cut and welded/shortened/lengthened/moved skid arms too, but I doubt the op is looking at doing that. View attachment 2134181 View attachment 2134182 View attachment 2134183
Your correct no torsion springs, but am i seeing part of a center shock with a coil spring in the middle pic? If so...that shock, and spring still has a lot to do with holding up the rear skid.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts