Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from Canada, I was only up there 3 days and let me tell you, it was COLD. -10-20 F, with 20-30 MPH wind gusts. My F7 standard ran excellent throughout the 650 mile trip. My only question was that I, along with my friends noticed quite a loss in top end in all our sleds. I contributed it to the extreme cold air not letting the pipe warm up? I could barely hit 95 mph, while my friends on a ZR 600 and other 600's could only hit around 85 mph. Roads were flat with loose granular. We came up on a Canadian on a ZR800 and I motioned him to race while we were running around 55 mph. When we hit it, I stayed with him but he started to pull a little and then he let off. Why would his sled not be effected by the same temps? Do the Canadian models have a different thermostat or something because of the colder temps?
Like I said the sled ran tops and the top end on everyones sled seemed to be down by around 15-20 mph, except the Canadian on his ZR800. I guess it may seem a little crazy trying to run 100 mph at those temps, but it was fun! I also noticed I was the only F7 in the area. After 3days and 650 miles I never saw 1 F7 or F5 the whole trip.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya on the beer! I don't know about the jetting? Not even sure it was an EFI or a Carb version. I didn't talk with him much due to the language barrier.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Were the conditions icy. Your slides could be warming up and causing drag. It happened to me a few weeks ago I couldn't break 80 on my 500. The next day we got some snow it was hitting 100 again.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Conditions were very loose. Alot of snow dust. I didn't check my slides either. Way to cold out to be troubleshooting. thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts