Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have my trusty zx 144 600HO right now, good sled, could be better but hey its what i got, anyways for next year i was thinking bout getting a phazer fx possibly. The reason the phazer fx has caught my eye is because the sled looks awesome, needs a little bit of cosmetic modifications, but she could look really nice, also the way it was inspired by the racing quads is also really cool, and last but not least the price is right. I have been wanting a short track because I like them better, suits my riding style (jumps and that sort of stuff) , how well would that short track hold up in the deep snow? Now im not talking hill climbing and 3 feet of powder, im talking bout when your trying to get from A to B and theres that ocassional two feet of fresh in that field that you need to cross, or that hill that you need to get over. Thats the only thing that scares me about the sled is the 80 hp. Thats why i was initially thinking of getting an 800 short track, because the power would help make up for the length of the track. What do you guys think, would that short track do well boondocking up in the hills, or would i be trying to get myself unstuck every five minutes?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put the 1.5" Camoplast intense track on my FX and that made all the difference. It will paddle along through deep pow now, your not going to go fast, but you won't get stuck either. I don't think I'd be to scared of it. IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright that sounds really good, especially what you said Phazerfly, that makes perfect sense to me, and if i do decide to get the phazer, i wont be afraid of the low horsepower numbers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The Fx will be good in this condition we have been out a few times running in some deep drifts and it powers through just fine but if you do alot of off trail I would put the 1.5 camo freeride avail from yamaha you only lose about 10 mph on top and there is enough torque to turn it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
great in the deep stuff. but collects way, way too much snowon the running boards[/b]
I see you have the turbo, I am waiting for mine. What have you done to your clutching, please tell. What about the track?
I have ordered the 136" Freeride, I guess that will put the power to the snow :w00t:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Im still thinking of getting an 07 phazer but im concerned about the off-trail. How wud a 1.5 ripsaw do in 1-4 feet of midwest powder?[/b]
A 1.5 rip saw won't work because there 15" wide.The free ride is amuch better track in the poweder than the rip saw.The ripsaw's are made for hard pack snow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was just to the U.P with the fresh POW they have and a buddy had along his Phazer FX. The thing had the stock track, and it seemed to plow fairly bad. The snow was extremely fresh, and mostly lake effect stuff at 3+ feet in depth. Lots of snow seemed to make it's way through the windshield and headlight pod. Also the running boards packed full awfully quick and bad, but in that kind of snow all the sleds seemed to have that problem, just the Phazer a little worse...probably cause it just doesn't float as well. Probably the worst problem he had was the thing overheating. Snow would pack between the front heat exchanger and track and freeze in. Overheated at least 3 different times where we had to put the thing on the side and clean the snow away. Sounds like I am bashing the thing, which I am not, cause it still was a ton of fun to ride it, just the bad showed more then the good. But, like I stated above...there was a ton of snow, and it didn't sound like that was what you would be riding it in anyway!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Put on wider skis and it will float much better. Close off the stupid tunnel holes or install side plates and the running boards will stay cleaner..Put on the freeride track and it will work well in powder..Trust me, you will have a ton of fun!! The stock track is WORTHLESS off trail.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.