Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
3500 + miles on ZR 900+ D&D 1010 trail set up, stock carbs - has run perfect with no issues. Runs pretty strong based on the many informal races I have had. I raced 2 T cats on hard pack 1 was stock with a little work, no contest. The other modded pipes,reeds, power breather, ported, key and 244 chisels. He droped his head, not an even start my skis were on his bumper but I passed him, increased my lead over 1 mile out he never passed me. He said to me wow! all I do is race on the this lake and I had never been beat ( felt good the guy was honest). The ZR900's, f cats, RX1's etc. are no contest even out of the whole. Im right there or out in front in the first 50' as it should be. All this means is that it performs good for what it is, not the fastest and not the slowest, could run better but most important fun and dependable.

I have to give credit to the people that have helped me out on these web sites and D&D for setting me up right. Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
to bad i could,nt get d&d to answer my e-mail or even my phone calls to get jetting and clutching specs,after installing their pipes ,blew up must be to busy making polaris parts!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did a lot of runs against a stock ZR 900 and F7 and Renegade. My first clutch set up was good but out of the whole I was either even or a ski behind on hardpack, pulled hard on top but slight overrev( Backed sec spring to sec hole). I always pulled away but I tried to judge how quickly. This was with a TX helix, 78 gram weights, blk sec spring. Same day changed to 81 gram weights, txu-more of a shallow finish- stock red/wht, 3rd hole. This pulled harder with good back shift for the trail. The big diffrence was when I changed the belt deflection. The belt appeared to have too much so I removed a shim and got the belt to ride out of the secondary more. I went down to the lake to test ,wow ! The hole shot was perfect, tears came to my eyes, I could feel a big differance. We all lined up again, every time now I took them right out the gate and pulled away very hard.

Please note:
Not the fastest and not the slowest, could run better

Runs 1150-1180 WOT /midrange 1280-1340 max
7600-7800 rpm

02.5 ZR 900
>1010 Kit-twin pipes
>R heads
>Power breather- complete gutted air box- 2" cut off of shelf
>25/38
>VF3
>540 mains- stock carbs
>+ 2 Timing key
>Needles were raised a notch from the factory on the 900
>Fuel and air screw adjusted per installation specs
>Always try and run premium gas.
>SnoTeck torque rod
145 psi
192- Woody 1.175

Good Luck - I am going riding now

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I RACED A 1010 FROM COUNTRY SIDE AND I WAS NOT IMPRESSED I BET HIM ALL THE WAY THROUGH UNTIL ABOUT 1000-1500 FT AND THEN HE WOULD START TO CATCH UP. I HAVE A ZR900 WITH SPEEDWERX SINGLE PIPE, POWER BREATHER, CUSTOM CLUTCH AND REEDS

·
Registered
21 Posts
The country side doesn't compare to D & D, just because its a 1010 does not make it the same. I now have 5000 miles and have run 125 mph on hard packed snow and raced dozens of sleds. The best trail moded 900's I raced would hang with me for 100' and I would pull away and continue to lengthen the lead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a old THUNDERCAT (93, but shines like brand new!) with 44" BLT front end with USI skis, M10 rear, Hooper 1050cc Predator top end ( engine pulled 216hp @ 8300 @.61bsfc on 93 pump gas last December on Straight Arrow's Dyno), PSI pipes. 39.5MM flat slides w/ Holtzman Vari-Flow, VForce reeds, RacePak III Gauges Kinetic Balanced and trued 9 bolt drive (74 gram Heavy Hitter arms) and Roller driven clutch, Preditor 1" track with 192 studs.
Have raced many Mach Zs, XCR800s, ZR800 & 900s nothings come close yet! I don't think any of them had BB kits though, at least they won't admit to it!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Buddy running a twin Speedwerx 1000 (800 stock cylinders bored with twin pipes)which runs over 105mph and will get it to 107mph or better in 660' in trail form with only a speed track and 144 chissels. A similar Speedwerx motor with Speedwerx twin pipes ran right with a well tuned PSI twin 1080 for a long ways and a little lesser Speedwerx 1000 Twin (with single pipe) gave a D&D 1010 (with every go fast part that D&D makes on it) all it could handle for 1000'. His D&D 1220 motor he sold to a buddy went 112mph in 660' in race form. That little twin really flies and with a single pipe has great trail manners. The twin pipes make it a little peaky for good trail use. The power is a little more like a light switch, either on or off. We've also played with D&D 1100, D&D 1000 (great little motor with very little work done to it) and a home built 1080 trail motor that dynoed over 200hp and 130 ft.lbs. of torque.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts