Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just woundering if anyone has had any luck i guess you could call it with this site being accurate? here is the 4 day snow fall for MN(where i live, west central mn), SD, ND, NE, IA, IN, IL, WI, MI, and OH. is this generaly true about the amount of snowfall that falls?

·
Banned
695 Posts
Whats up Cat....have you ridden the F7 yet this year? Hope you had a Merry Christmas and all is well with your family! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Just keep in mind that anything south and east of his red thaw line will be a mix of rain, sleet, freezing rain. Depending on what time you are on the roads will determine their conditions. More than likely any trail system open now south and east of that thaw line will not be rideable after probably saturday.

·
Registered
286 Posts
John is a true professional at what he does. I have depended on John's forcasting talents during the past 5 years and he has saved me some lost time and money. Living in Tennessee, I really need a heads up on what the the snow conditions are in the UP.

:fluffy:

·
Registered
558 Posts
He's about as reliable as any other weather forecaster.

People tend to put him on a pedestal because he enjoys snowmobiling. His generally favorable forecasts I'm sure are a ploy to drum up business for his snowmobiling guiding service.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i'll probably get flamed for it because everyone around here has a hard on for him, but i never thought his forecast was as accurate as the big guys.[/b]
It seems he's a bit optimistic in his snow totals. I think of his snow total predictions as storm potentials...the predictions are rarely seen but they are possible. Around here we call it the "snow friendly" forecast.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I thnik he is pretty up beat about every forcast but then again most people are wishing for unatanable results! I think we will get our chance to ride but we must be patient! I want snow as bad as the rest of you all and I dont know what I will do next month if we have the same garbage! If anyone wants to do a trip to Drummond Island for a camping and truck fourwheeling trip let me know I am game?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
just woundering if anyone has had any luck i guess you could call it with this site being accurate? here is the 4 day snow fall for MN(where i live, west central mn), SD, ND, NE, IA, IN, IL, WI, MI, and OH. is this generaly true about the amount of snowfall that falls?[/b]
I haven't found the thaw line to be the most accurate thing ever, but other than that everything is usualy pretty close

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.