·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a dissapointment they look sweet as hell though

·
Registered
611 Posts
yea my buddy got one on a Sportsman 500ho and it works ok. Powder is not an option but it can sorta crawl over snowbanks and stuff. Not as fast as sleds, or as fun. Waste of time imo.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have ridden a couple of those.. When you toss that much resistanceon every wheel it really hogs away the horsepower. They are fun but its not what you would think it would be. I personally think a 2 wheel drive chain driven one would be better cause you could gear it down to do about 40 tops. That is about theonly way to put life back into them.. Fun to crawl around on if thats what your into but that gets real boring when your buddies are rippin it up on a sled......

·
Registered
27 Posts
A can am 650 or 800 with brp apache track kit on it will go anywhere. its like a tank, you can go as fast as you want and just about any where. and the kit is like 3,000 dollars not 5,000 and i have yet to see one for that much

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
I think when they first came out I saw it was 5K, now theres a couple manufactures I'm sure its down around 3K. Either way its a lot of money.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yup, for the cost of a good used sled, not worth it. A couple buds of mine who never had sleds were going to get them, convinced them to get some sleds for less $$ and ofter test riding an atv at a local dealer they both said he same thing, cool, but a waste of money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Someone I know is a service-teck at a Local BRP shop,
He says the drive trains get really messed up after
running this set up.
To much torture.
But if you have the money to ride one ($4600cdn) for just the kit,
Then you have the money to buy a new
ATV when yours is all wonkey after a couple years.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I dunno, a snowmobile service here in the Soo, the guys uses one of those on his 4-wheeler for recoveries, he says it works great, besides right now he's getting more miles then any sleder i know seeing how we don't have any snow, so I don't think speed or wether or not it will sink into the snow banks we don't have is a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.