Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
not sure.... If u find one... I need to get mine done also... Last year I went to DTR.. he is a great guy and I planed on going back this year around Xmas time... If you wanted we could go down together and save on the fuel of driving there.. It's about 3 hrs from here ( St.Thomas) let me know

Shayne

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Many have dynos in Ontario but most who do only use it for their work themselves developing their kits. I know Iantomassi has a dyno and is very very good but to be honest Jim at DynoTech has the best set up for this mod and the most experience and he would be who I would go to if I was in your position.

ptm

·
Registered
781 Posts
It was smaller then what I thought it wouyld be like but he has great stuff with readings for everything.. This was where i was going to go again..great guy.the drive sucks ass but its better then popping a piston way up north on the sled cause you did want to go. I was going to wait till late Dec...only cause I would like some cold air to set my sled up right.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
ya where are you? good place, my buddy and his friend run it. They do mod motors for hill-x snocross and drag. excellent running motors.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Dono

DTR is in Batavia NY. You cross at the Lewiston bridge and it is I believe about 1/2 hr from the crossing. Go in the colder months to get closer to what you will run in the field settings. You will find you will have to field tune anyways but at least you got a great starting point with just fine tuning from there.

ptm

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
www.engine-tech.com about 35 minutes north of Toronto...

http://www.engine-tech.com/dynotest.htm

DYNO SERVICE

Would you like to know how much horsepower you have? Or do you just wish to fine tune. Our dyno is the latest in technology. You can rent our dyno by the day or by the hour. Our dyno service can be tested in chassis or open engine on a stand for easy access. Our staff will do the operations and you do all your combinations. We are there to offer our professional input at anytime. You will receive a printout with each dyno run and an exhaust temp reading, together with torque, horsepower and engine speed (RPM).

Cost to set-up dyno $60/hr (CDN)
Cost per day (8:30am to 5:30pm) $350. (CDN)

·
Registered
781 Posts
yes I will need some plugs.. I just spent the hole day cleaning the A arms to send them in and get chromed... What did he charge u for this...so i have an idea. Did u clean yours up??? like take the paint off...... What a kick in the head that wa....HOLY fuck.... any let me know if u want to go down together to DTR...mine wont take too long to dyno.. I just have the new monter pipe and Y pipe from D&D... I think I might get the boondocker box too

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve will hook you up. I never stripped any of this. Just took it in......in a box and he did it all for $140 Mr Cash. I have two sets of front 05 spindles in there and my skid rails getting polished. All aluminum on my sled will look chrome too. Same with them took them in raw......even with grease all over them.

http://www.engine-tech.com/acF9.htm

Hoo ya nice.......

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Sorry I would no doubt endorse Engine Tech Dyno but I was totally unaware he was still offerring this service to the public. I will have to check with him and report back.

Jon - I wanted to write that as well.LOL

ptm

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
That's a real good price at Engine Tech for us Canucks and he is close. :div20:

I believe Arnie had a track dyno, not sure if he still has it now or not though. :dunno:

·
Registered
781 Posts
will this dyno allow us to dial in the boondocker box????? We would have to see the fuel psi to know what where running at..and what the psi is at different rpm's... This would be great if we could just go there..... Has anyone used this dyno before????

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
We dynoed my F9 on there many times. I am just not sure he is still doing this for the public and I will ask and let you all know. It is nice and close and Art is a great guy to deal with.

ptm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts