Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don Nester Auto Group bought Thomas Motors about 7 weeks ago. Dec. 26 fuel pump failed on my Silverado. Did'nt have many options but to take it there to be repaired. I figured that all Chevy shops would be priced about the same on parts and labor...WRONG When we got back home did some checking. These crooks charged me almost 20% more than any of the local GM shops in my area would have, for the same exact parts model #'s and labor.about $325.00 After several calls back to Nester the service guy says that he will refund me $50.00. He continued that money is tight around here right now. The owner had to write a big ck. to buy this place. Yea but ya did'nt have to make it all back w/ my repair!! Bottom line these guys knew that we were in a jam and took advantage of the situation!! Avoid this place at all cost's or be ready to get hosed..Mike

·
Vendor
17,623 Posts
Don Nester Auto Group bought Thomas Motors about 7 weeks ago. Dec. 26 fuel pump failed on my Silverado. Did'nt have many options but to take it there to be repaired. I figured that all Chevy shops would be priced about the same on parts and labor...WRONG When we got back home did some checking. These crooks charged me almost 20% more than any of the local GM shops in my area would have, for the same exact parts model #'s and labor.about $325.00 After several calls back to Nester the service guy says that he will refund me $50.00. He continued that money is tight around here right now. The owner had to write a big ck. to buy this place. Yea but ya did'nt have to make it all back w/ my repair!! Bottom line these guys knew that we were in a jam and took advantage of the situation!! Avoid this place at all cost's or be ready to get hosed..Mike[/b]
Thanks for sharing....I always considered buying from Thomas and had a buddy who did.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Well, use the WWW to spread the word and file a complaint with the Michigan BBB. At least if they get enough, people will find out.

Seems he bit off more than he can chew, guess the Roscommon dealer wasn't enough :dunno:

That is such a different way of doing business than Grand Traverse Auto / Ford Lincoln Mercury & BMW practiced when I worked there. You just didn't screw tourists, and they had plenty of Thank You letters in the service area from downstaters and giving examples of their woes and how they were helped.

I don't know if it's still that way now though. Things changed once Julius passed away and his son-in-law took over (so I've heard from my past co-workers there).

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
The owner of Nester is a complete JACKASS....I've had some personal encounters with him and that's one reason I would have my vehicle towed somewhere else if it broke down in their parking lot. I'm not so suprised that Thomas sold out....they were always one or two bad months from going under. Good people and I bought a vehicle there back in 1999, they just couldn't make it work, at least he sold before he lost it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Too bad Dean Arbour didn't take it over. I believe they just bought the ford dealer in Alpena though. Great dealer who takes care of their customers and employees![/b]

Dean Arbour ???

Good techs....shit ass management.

And how would you know about how they take care of employees and customers ??

·
Registered
889 Posts
Dean Arbour ???

Good techs....shit ass management.

And how would you know about how they take care of employees and customers ??[/b]
Cause I used to work for them! Sold cars for 2 years. They turned a 20 car a month dealership to a 70-100 car-month dealer in just a few months! And, I was happy to have contributed to the sales volume!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Cause I used to work for them! Sold cars for 2 years. They turned a 20 car a month dealership to a 70-100 car-month dealer in just a few months! And, I was happy to have contributed to the sales volume![/b]

What store did you work at ??

·
Banned
695 Posts
Well, use the WWW to spread the word and file a complaint with the Michigan BBB. At least if they get enough, people will find out.

Seems he bit off more than he can chew, guess the Roscommon dealer wasn't enough :dunno:

That is such a different way of doing business than Grand Traverse Auto / Ford Lincoln Mercury & BMW practiced when I worked there. You just didn't screw tourists, and they had plenty of Thank You letters in the service area from downstaters and giving examples of their woes and how they were helped.

I don't know if it's still that way now though. Things changed once Julius passed away and his son-in-law took over (so I've heard from my past co-workers there).[/b]
When you say Julius do you mean Julius Sleder...that name sounds really familiar. I never bought a vehicle from them as we've got Ford and Chevy dealerships in town and I like to keep it local. In fact that's why I bought my first Cat...Dry Harbour Marine started selling 'em and I liked the convenience of having a dealer 3 minutes from home. Unfortunately they quit selling sleds so I when back to Galmores in East Jordan and got the Gade. Good people at Galmores! :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
When you say Julius do you mean Julius Sleder...that name sounds really familiar.[/b]
Yup, that's the guy. He was a fantastic owner. Very personable and cared about everyone. :div20:

Quite the 80 year old party animal at the time too. The GTA Christmas party he held at the GT Resort for the employees rivals anything I have been to from corporate America.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Heard alot of good things about Hodge's[/b]

I used to audit dealer floorplans for GMAC, so I've visited almost every GM dealer in NLP and EUP. Hodges were very good folks to deal with. The dealer principal that I like visiting the most Rod Jones in Cheboygan. That guy is a crackup and really good guy to deal with. Harry Voice in Kalkaska was another great dealer principal that I enjoyed working with.

·
Registered
889 Posts
What store did you work at ??[/b]
Chev-Caddy in E Tawas. Dean Arbour bought that store in Feb 1st, 2002.

I used to audit dealer floorplans for GMAC, so I've visited almost every GM dealer in NLP and EUP. Hodges were very good folks to deal with. The dealer principal that I like visiting the most Rod Jones in Cheboygan. That guy is a crackup and really good guy to deal with. Harry Voice in Kalkaska was another great dealer principal that I enjoyed working with.[/b]
So...what was your least fav? Don Williamson?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Always had great dealings with nesters, at least they offered some cash back. I have bought from Hodges, Nesters, Dean Arbour, dealt with Thomas on repairs, and they all have their issues. Nobody ever offered me money back when them didnt or couldnt fix my truck. My wifes car broke down in front of Nesters,they gave my wife a loaner car and fixed the car for free! And I didnt buy the car from them.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Chev-Caddy in E Tawas. Dean Arbour bought that store in Feb 1st, 2002.
So...what was your least fav? Don Williamson?[/b]
Hah. I work for MAYOR Don Williamson. He just bought Prestige Chevrolet 2 months ago. Greg Jackson was a dick to work for too :nutkick: . So far things have gotten worse since he took over. I'm in the body shop and we have less work now than before.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hah. I work for MAYOR Don Williamson. He just bought Prestige Chevrolet 2 months ago. Greg Jackson was a dick to work for too :nutkick: . So far things have gotten worse since he took over. I'm in the body shop and we have less work now than before.[/b]
I used to do bus. with Don...swell guy :banghead:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts