Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate any feedback on best hotel options to ride from in Houghton for a group of old guys to stay during our annual guys trip.

Thanks

·
Registered
G4 Freeride 137 850 & Pro RMK 163 800
208 Posts
We always stay at the Quality Inn and it’s been great. Rooms are fine but the location right by the bridge makes it awesome. The only thing I dont love is that trailers have to be parked in a lot by the bridge. They do have plenty of rooms for sleds in the parking lot, though.

Reactions: p12

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Holiday Inn Express in Houghton.

Killer hill climb on the side parking lot, this climb puts all parking lot superstars to shame. I definitely didn’t make any attempts at climbing it but I seen 1 or 2 long track sleds make it up. Very entertaining, plus a bunch of food/bar choices across the street.

The lobby/meeting room was packed with a bunch of snowmobilers BS’in and drinking beers each night.

A little bit of grinding to get to the trail but there is a gas station right there to fill up before riding each day

Reactions: p12

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
When I went, my group and I stayed at the Super 8 on the lake, next to the bridge. It was clean, cheap, and in a convenient spot (close to the trail, somewhat). Plus, they had a pool, sauna and a hot tub, which made for easy 200 mile days back to back after sleeping like a baby.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Super 8 is right on the river so as long as its froze good you just go right across to the trail.
Its also easy to walk into town to the bars/restaurants.

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,387 Posts
Another vote for Super 8.

I find it cheaper and more convenient to rent air bnb with larger groups at times. Kitchen for breakfast & more space to hang out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts