Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"E" weights in particular. I am not familiar about these. How do they compare to standard polaris 10 series weights? Any info would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
E weights if they are the 60 gram ones, will shift like a 10-62 polaris weight. If they are E 62 grams, they have a heavier tip and will shift closer to a 63-64 gram pol weight. They upshift harder, but are revvier, also depending on the helix used. You must use a helix with a 50 starting angle with them to work properly.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
If they are the E 60 gram, go to a R8 as mentioned, and a 120/310 type spring. If they E 62 grams, for sure the R8, and a stiffer primary, like an almond. I had used D60 gram heavy tips in the 600, but with a 36 finish angle, they did not give anough rpm for overrev for max top end (8100).

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they are 62's. They weigh out at 61.5. So I should run a R8 with an almond primary? What angle is an R8? And what are the rates on the Almond? Should I keep the stock spring in the secondary in #2 hole? Sorry for all the spec questions but I am moving and all my books are packed up.

:banghead: Sorry I just read above that R8 is 50/34. Thanks Racerdave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts