Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, does SLP or Carls' offer the hot air elimination kit for the Fusion? i've only been able to find the kits for the RMK/Switchback chassis and was wondering if they had one in the works for the fusion. Any help would be appreciated as i'd like to get the ball rolling on pulling more performance out of my sled.

Are any of you guys running the SLP kit? Do you get any snow ingestion with it or is it pretty well sealed up? Also, is the right side kit necessary or should i just focus on getting the clutch side cooler? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hot air kit for the fusion should be installed by your dealer on the left side cover.
(recall)
Personally, i found that this (look at the pictures)worked better than any other "hot kit". SLP "2 inch Flow-rite kit". I also removed the sponge on the left side panel.
After the new motomounts (also a recall) are installed by your dealer, i think that hot air on the prim and sec wont be an issue. Just to be shure, i have installed torquestop and torque arm from SLP. You see, those soft motor mounts that was delivered in 05, was THE reason for the under hood temp, and damaged belts. (the line between prim. and sec. was way out of line, allowing the belt too slip on WOT)

For 06, i belive that this is the best investment for the bucks you can do to your Fusions performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
just my opinion the heat thing is overblown. yes there is a heat problem. why? poor mounts and mostly poor clutching. fix the clutching and most of the probs will go away. when i put my erlandson kit in i had hardly no belt slippage and i had belts last over 1200 miles. :div20:

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by Tromso@Oct 9 2005, 02:04 AM
Hot air kit for the fusion should be installed by your dealer on the left side cover.
(recall)
Personally, i found that this (look at the pictures)worked better than any other "hot kit". SLP "2 inch Flow-rite kit". I also removed the sponge on the left side panel.
After the new motomounts (also a recall) are installed by your dealer, i think that hot air on the prim and sec wont be an issue. Just to be shure, i have installed torquestop and torque arm from SLP. You see, those soft motor mounts that was delivered in 05, was THE reason for the under hood temp, and damaged belts. (the line between prim. and sec. was way out of line, allowing the belt too slip on WOT)

For 06, i belive that this is the best investment for the bucks you can do to your Fusions performance.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917432
[/quote]
The Fusions (in the U.S.) do NOT have a recall for a vent kit update.

There is a Service Bulletin for the side panel vent kit on the 900 RMK.

The SLP Flow-Rites are very effective to help get in more fresh air and release the hot air.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, i appreciate the help. I've been hearing good reviews about the EPI clutch kit. I'll most probably try that out too. Good idea? or is there a better set up. Thanks

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
well it seems like a lot of people threw a lot of clutching at thr fusions and had a hard time making it better last year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 9 2005, 02:47 PM
The Fusions (in the U.S.) do NOT have a recall for a vent kit update.

There is a Service Bulletin for the side panel vent kit on the 900 RMK.

The SLP Flow-Rites are very effective to help get in more fresh air and release the hot air.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917438
[/quote]

Hmmm... Fusion owners in scandinavia, having a problem with blown belts are getting the side panel kit for free.. Maybe its not the same in the US..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by polaris9500@Oct 9 2005, 10:31 AM
well it seems like a lot of people threw a lot of clutching at thr fusions and had a hard time making it better last year.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917729
[/quote]

I see you're running a clutch kit. How did you like your Erlandson clutch kit incomparison to the stock clutching? I'm already running the 11-74 weights and ran out of winter to play more with it. Does it backshift good? i like to ride aggressive and don't want the clutches to lag going in and coming out of hard corners. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by Daigle@Oct 9 2005, 10:52 AM
I see you're running a clutch kit.  How did you like your Erlandson clutch kit incomparison to the stock clutching?  I'm already running the 11-74 weights and ran out of winter to play more with it.  Does it backshift good?  i like to ride aggressive and don't want the clutches to lag going in and coming out of hard corners. Thanks for the help
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917759
[/quote]
i love my clutch kit works way better than stock no more belts burning at low speed. way better low end and midrange speed and faster to top end. did not inprove top end but way better every were else. how did the 11_74 weights work for ya those should give you a lot better belt grip which i beleive is one of the bigger probs of belt heat slippage issue. there seemed to be no lag when getting off and then back on the throttle. and then pol goes and puts close to the same setup back in the 06. why make the new big twin weights and not use them in the 06 900? :dunno:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those 11-74 weights worked real nice. I also tried the hot seat weights too, i think i tried both the 76 and 78g weights. The 11 series hit real hard. I liked them better than the Hot Seat weights. The profile works real nice.

just with the weight change, haven't messed with a spring, i was able to beat a f7 EFI off the line up until about 85-90mph then he toasts me, and i'm not kidding when I say he blew right by me and i could never get him again, and he's heavier than i am too. i'll have to put a spring with the same preload but softer spring rate to pull down the rpms. I was getting 7800 locked into my tach, just about 500-600 rpms too high.

I"ll be adding aftermarket stuff to it this fall, so i'm anxious to see how different of a sled it will be. It doesn't make sense to me that a f7 can beat me. i'm hoping it wont happen again. i know they're light and have plenty of power, but its still a 900, and a 700 shouldn't even come close to it. Why bother making a 900 if its not going to kick ass? I bet there's a lot of potential for the 900, just have to take it one step at a time. I'm thinking of that EPI clutch kit and i'm glad to hear it worked well for you. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
the polaris epi kit uses there belly buster weights which probably are similar to the 11-74 weights maybe somebody can find out what helix is in the epi kit and u can put yourself something together a little cheaper. 7250 is were erelandson says u want to shoot for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts