Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone try hot air elimination kits on belt side belly pan for 900 fusion. just blew $180.00 belt. it was the new 115. talked to dealer he said this kit will prolong belt life greatly. he said they did tests and this kit reduced belt temp by 30 degrees. my sled is stock, torque mounts are fine and clutches are aligned. thought i would ask befor i buy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
anyone try hot air elimination kits on belt side belly pan for 900 fusion. just blew $180.00 belt. it was the new 115. talked to dealer he said this kit will prolong belt life greatly. he said they did tests and this kit reduced belt temp by 30 degrees. my sled is stock, torque mounts are fine and clutches are aligned. thought i would ask befor i buy.[/b]
Just installed it on mine, added the SLP torque stop and push arm. And went back to the 1080 belt put 75 miles on and seems to be good. Clutches were definately cooler.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
I removed the storage compartments and doors (above your feet) and had Timbersled make vents there. Pic below. They sell these for the Fusions now - last year they just had one's for the RMK's. With these I put on 1200+miles on my original '111 belt.

http://www.timbersled.com/VentingKits.htm

A few weeks ago I just added a Carl's Cycle Strut tower vent for exhaust side.

None on clutch side for I think the type above would let snow in and touch belt????Not sure????

The SLP type doesn't really let much air push thru. Some, but not much. Others say they work well, but my mind didn't agree enough for me to pull the trigger on those.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good so far. post back again when you crank on some more miles. if i could 500 miles on a belt i,d be happy. this is my second 06 fusion and i love this sled. nothing compares power wise when set up properly. hoping the 800 iq will be comparible.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
if i could 500 miles on a belt i,d be happy.[/b]
That's only a week-end or two up in Rangeley. Doh.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now i'm lucky to get 100-250 miles on a belt and it's definately driver related. thats why these vents might do the trick.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
now i'm lucky to get 100-250 miles on a belt and it's definately driver related. thats why these vents might do the trick.[/b]
My first 140-150 miles on that 111 belt with the vents where in Rangeley (a one day trip) and we where riding the logging roads at the Divide. Was hammer down that whole ride.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm still looking for that divide trail, i hope to find it this year. did you take the canada trail from eustis to get there. or towards bose buck somewhere.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Sorry, I don't know, I was following. Last section to get to divide was steep incline thru trees. The adjustable handlebars came in big time handy for that leg ! Shot them all the way forward to stand up and to lean forward.We weren't that far from Bosebuck (20min ?????) for both our fuel guages where reading empty coming down from there, on way back we played a little on logging roads further down that hill/mt and then made a bee line for Bosebuck to get fuel and a scooby snack.

Sorry for the thread sidetrack. Doh!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I put the timbersled intake on mine with a vent in the side cover. ran the 1080 belt 1200 miles last year and 300 so far this year. I oly got 800 miles on the 111 the first year.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I put both the left and right side SLP shock tower vents on this year, rode over a hundred miles last weekend and found underhood temps dropped at least 20 degrees, and absolutely no more hot right foot!

The vent kits from SLP have both an outer aluminum frame, an inner honeycomb metal frame and there fabric sandwiched between which flows air but blocks snow & water. Absolutely no moisture got in on the primary clutch, but the clutch ran way cooler then usual.

I also have the SLP push stop on the MAG side and the electric start torque stop on the PTO side.

When I pulled the exhaust to put in the kit I found my oil pump cable snagging, it would only return half way. That explained my oil consumption & plug fouling the end of last season. Little bit of brake clean fixed it on the spot.

The SLP kits definitely flow air, I had my son put a blow dryer on one side after the install and could easily feel the air flow. And after testing last week I know they block moisture as promised.....definitely woth the time & investment! :clap:

·
Registered
336 Posts
SLP inlet and Polaris outlet.[attachment=405055:sled_mod...__Small_.jpg][attachment=405057:sled_mod...
_Small_.jpg]

·
Registered
116 Posts
In case anyone is interested the Polaris side vent shown above is part number 2203040 and is only like $22.00. I am ordering one as my clutches are always hot even after a timbersled intake was installed. I am still debating on the shock well vents though since they are more pricey.

Any other input?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
DO you sthink the slp round chassis vents would hold up? I think a stick would break through for sure. I think they look better but i don't think they will be as durable as the slp hot air elimination kit made specifically for the IQ chassis.

I made vents that replace my storage doors just like timbersleds kit, but i payed next to nothing. Try to find perforated sheet metal used for heating and air condition vents. I got a hold of sheet that wasnt' being used anymore so i made my vents with it.

I used my door as a template and then cut it out with shears. I primered, painted, and riveted into place.

I got the idea from BBKINGA on this site.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Just installed mine tonight. Took about 2 hours - I went very slow and didn't use the rivots. I used screws and locking nuts in case of any problems...I haven't installed the round grommets yet, still deciding on that once I ride the sled....Looks pretty dam good I must say...

·
Registered
113 Posts
These are the vents you want from SLP DO NOT USE THE ROUND ONES as stated above they pop out and sticks and ice go through them easily. if you look in the pic below they come with a heavy metal screen that goes behind them to keep things from going through. I have these on both side and have no issues with snow dust on the clutches they work great. The round ones work great on the console so the air has a place to exit.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
These are the vents you want from SLP DO NOT USE THE ROUND ONES as stated above they pop out and sticks and ice go through them easily. if you look in the pic below they come with a heavy metal screen that goes behind them to keep things from going through. I have these on both side and have no issues with snow dust on the clutches they work great. The round ones work great on the console so the air has a place to exit.[/b]
Thanks for pic's of the round ones. What about putting one down next to the pull cord instead of the console like yours? Would that cool things better? I was thinking of putting the other one on the left side where the "fake" storage compartment is...

It looks like your rounds ones are getting beat up by the hood when closing it...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for pic's of the round ones. What about putting one down next to the pull cord instead of the console like yours? Would that cool things better? I was thinking of putting the other one on the left side where the "fake" storage compartment is...

It looks like your rounds ones are getting beat up by the hood when closing it...[/b]

Yeah, I screwed up mounting them. They should have been mounted more towards the seat. I just helped another buddy put them on his 900 and we moved them back about 1/2 inch and they clear the hood just fine. They really help alot. When you stop on the trail if you put your hand on them the heat just pours out of them.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah, I screwed up mounting them. They should have been mounted more towards the seat. I just helped another buddy put them on his 900 and we moved them back about 1/2 inch and they clear the hood just fine. They really help alot. When you stop on the trail if you put your hand on them the heat just pours out of them.[/b]
I did the same thing when mounting mine. Just take your time and notch the hood about 1/4 inch or less out. I used a new razor blade and masking tape for the border and cut inside it. Just score it the first couple times and take your time, no more tha 1/2 hour job and it will look great. Almost looks like they were ment to be there. :smiley-faces7:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts