Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Polaris dealer to replace the hose from one of my rear shocks to the resivoir...a 24" high flow hose with steel braiding around it was gonna cost me $150 from Polaris... So I said F that, went to the local (cummins Hydraulics in Newmarket) and picked up a similer hose, only with the steel braiding built in to the rubber for 18 bucks, they put the same connectors on the ends!!! $150 compared to $18!!!

Just an idea for everyone, it you are looking for hoses or even things like bearings...take the old one to a specialized shop and they will cut the costs huge!!
A lot already know this, but figured I would try to enlighten!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Originally posted by Henn1357@Sep 8 2005, 11:30 PM
Went to the Polaris dealer to replace the hose from one of my rear shocks to the resivoir...a 24" high flow hose with steel braiding around it was gonna cost me $150 from Polaris... So I said F that, went to the local (cummins Hydraulics in Newmarket) and picked up  a similer hose, only with the steel braiding built in to the rubber for 18 bucks, they put the same connectors on the ends!!! $150 compared to $18!!!

Just an idea for everyone, it you are looking for hoses or even things like bearings...take the old one to a specialized shop and they will cut the costs huge!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866877
[/quote]

I do that quite often not only to save but to get people back on the snow sooner, no dealer in there right mind would stock a $ 150.00 shock hose :cn:

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by Henn1357@Sep 8 2005, 11:30 PM
Went to the Polaris dealer to replace the hose from one of my rear shocks to the resivoir...a 24" high flow hose with steel braiding around it was gonna cost me $150 from Polaris... So I said F that, went to the local (cummins Hydraulics in Newmarket) and picked up  a similer hose, only with the steel braiding built in to the rubber for 18 bucks, they put the same connectors on the ends!!! $150 compared to $18!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866877
[/quote]
What happened to the hose? Not sure if you know it or not, but there is a bar that connects to the rails. They use a bolt on the 04's.This is to prevent the hose from coming in contact with the track. :div20:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I don't know why, but I lost that bar on my PRO-x also. So what I did was just zip tie the hose up to make sure it doesn't get caught on the track. I had that problem with my 01 sno pro also. Lost 2 hoses with that one.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure what happen...but the thing was kinked and broken right in half..here is a picture of the old and new...

Hey Shoc doc, I wanted to buy a rebuild kit for my shock, but there is no complete package, guys at the dealership told me I have to pull it apart and tell them exactly what o-rings and seals I need then they can price it, do you know of any set I can get just to replace the things that wear the most??

Edit:Oh and shipping to Moncton is not in the cards!! If I was closer I would.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can bring them down to me and I can fix you up.
I have an ad in OSM under Peak Velocity.
I`am about a 1/2 hour from Keswick

Originally posted by Henn1357@Sep 9 2005, 11:15 AM
not sure what happen...but the thing was kinked and broken right in half..here is a picture of the old and new...

Hey Shoc doc, I wanted to buy a rebuild kit for my shock, but there is no complete package, guys at the dealership told me I have to pull it apart and tell them exactly what o-rings and seals I need then they can price it, do you know of any set I can get just to replace the things that wear the most??

Edit:Oh and shipping to Moncton is not in the cards!! If I was closer I would.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867247
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually dropped them off to a guy in Barrie, he does shocks for the local dealerships, and does a lot of race shocks too, $60 aint bad to totally redo the shock! Thanks for the offer though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts