Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hose that runs from the ECU on my F7 was completely blocked. Grease squirts out an unwelded section of the frame when greasing the bellcrank and fills the space between the frame and airbox where this hose sits. I understand that this hose is connected to the barametric/altitude sensor and needs to be kept open.

Can someone confirm what this hose does and what the effect of having it blocked would be?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I can confirm that the hose is connected to the barometric/altitude sensor on the ECU, you definetly want to keep it clear, EFI without that sensor...........I don't even want to think about the results!! :wacko:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I`m sure there is some sort of default so the sled wont blow sky high. I bet it richens out the fuel or somthing....Just a thought though dont take my word for it.

Did you notice anything wrong with it? Power?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Slider79@Feb 26 2003, 10:45 AM
Did you notice anything wrong with it? Power?
Yes. It had a low and midrange burble last night. Lost about 200 RPM on top too. I cleaned Everything else looks fine. I cleaned the hose but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Could also be the oil pump update. Last night was my first ride since it was done.

·
Registered
298 Posts
good info canadian7, i've been down 200 rpm intermittently for the past month. first thought it was due to cold pipe but after testing i can still be down rpm's even with a hot pipe. i lube often so maby i blocked that tube and thats been my problem all along. let us know how you run after clean out. thanks
p.s. oil pump adjustment did not affect rpm's on our stock test sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts