Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a post on AMSNOW that got me thinking. A guy wrote that last year's hypersled is this year's wife's sled...LOL, very true if you think back at least a couple years. The mighty ZR900 which was only an inconceivable dream a couple years ago is not losing drags to F7's...just incredible and where will it stop? Now, don't call me Gladys here guys, but last year with my ZR800 there were times I asked myself if I had more than I needed for local WNY riding...not talking about Quebec here, but local club trails.

I know torque and sled weight all come into play, but what are your thoughts? Where will it stop and how much is too much for practical trail riding? Or will testosterone always make us demand more...even if we don't need it? Marc

·
Registered
962 Posts
I`ve got 50 more than I need My 97 580 was all I needed. But I wanted to see first hand what 140 felt like.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I missed the power/torque of my 670 mxz doo which was around 120 horse if I remember correctly, I like the feeling you get from the quick acceleration. Maybe that goes back to my youth when I was dragging my buddies in the 1/4 mile.LOL
Plus I wanted extra horses if I ever go west as alitutude robs horses..

·
Registered
245 Posts
I could go for 175 hp :wacko:

If it were still trailable. There comes a point when it becomes too much for the trails :blink: I guess its all how fast you want to cross the lake. I hate water, so for me its WFO WFO ALL THE WAY ACROSS..... :wacko:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I always thought 100HP was the magic number. You can do "wheelies", go 100mph, and still let your wife or friend drive it without worrying too much. But still, a 150 is always fun if you need to kick yourself in the pants. 'B)'

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hear ya blackie, I have a buddy that crys like a little girl every time we cross a lake, It doesn't help much that he was following me one day and I covered him with ice water once, by the time we stopped he was one big ugly looking ice cube.. I told him it was just surface water from the snow melting but he swears we was breakin through. HA HA

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Jay@Dec 5 2002, 10:33 AM
I would have prefered a 120HP F6, but will be more than happy with the F7.
Jay, a 120hp F6 has my name written all over it next year...literally if they offer a Team Arctic option again :D ...Marc

·
Registered
738 Posts
I cannot see myself needing more HP. I've put 70 miles on my sled and I can't imagine why anyone would need more horsepower out of a snowmobile. I got rid of an XC 600 SP for this baby and holy sh!t I don't need anymore. Though, with that being said, I think I remember saying the same thing when I first rode my XC. Anyway time will tell. These things are stupid fast!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
With that said Doze,

I'm waitin for the F9 to come out :blink:

Who knows.... gotta replace the ALLMIGHTY T-CAT. F9 would be nice. Light & Nimble.....FAST & FURIOUS :wub:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am already thinking about giving the wife the F5 and moving up to F6 or 7 next year

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have 2001 ZR800 with D&D 1010 kit over 190 hp. going down to F-7 hope I'm not dissapointed ? Nothing like getting there 1st. especially when you ride with a bunch of poo. guys and you got to protect the CAT name.

·
Registered
76 Posts
HP is like money, you can never have enough, and you can always beat that someone out there has more then you do.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Dont care if it only has 20 HP as long as it goes from 0 to 100 mph in 4 sec flat

1 - 20 of 42 Posts