Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an F-7 Sno Pro (feb 28 03) I have about 700 miles on the sled. Since this time its been back to the dealer at least 4-5 times for upgrades or warrantly issues. Today i called Arctic cat to inquire when i would be geeing my oil/Coupon. I was told by Elona at Arctic cat that since I bought the sled after Feb 7 I was not entitled to the coupon and Oil. I expalined to her I was having the same problems as other F-7 owners and they got the coupns, why shouldnt I? Elona's response was The sled was bought after the date so your not entitled. I asked to speak to somebody else and she told me there was nobody else availible!!!!.

Thats it!! after ten years on cat I am done.. I am selling all three of our Cats and tryin something new. Arctic cat just lost 3 sled sales for 04 because of there crappy attitude. All year i ahev had problem dealing with Cat enough is enough!!!! Anybody thats interested I am selling the following :

01 Zr 800 w/reverse 1400 miles/studs $5200
01 Zl 600 efi esr solar 1500 miles 4500
03 F-7 sno pro $6800

all ahve studss covers etc

·
Registered
410 Posts
Your joking right? Gonna sell all your cats because poor little stinx don't get a coupon? Come on. Grow up! I :D f this is all it takes then good ridence. Have fun with your new manufacture.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice response sledhead- was that really necessary?

Do you really think it's about the coupon-it's about getting the shaft from AC.

We all have in way or another and they better wake up or more people will be switching.

By the way mine goes in the shop for the fourth time for only running on 1 cylinder at times.

I love the sled when it runs but it's been a frustrating year to say the least.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
If you read what he is saying, it sounds like that is the only reason. Betting the dealer did nothing in the pdi department before he picked up the sled. Poor dealers are really starting to piss me off!

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
He will still be riding Cats next year also with those prices. Try this. Jump up and down and stomp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue for the stupid $100 coupon and a gallon of oil. Don't hold your breath for too long waiting for $6800, there have been enough snowmobile related deaths this year. There have been more in my area than I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Stinx, I will say I agree with you on AC customer service. But hell at least you got to talk to someone, I'm still waiting for a call back regarding my ZR800 from last March 2002. :huh: And for my FC from Jan, 2003...YA YA I know they will never call back, I'm just making a point.
Yes the updates should have already been done, And the dealer should be giving you the $100.00 and oil out of his pocket for your problems. But then again they still have not found the problem of the engine failures, so maybe cat should come through?

Not to start a huge bash about it, I know each person has had good and bad luck with other mfg's. but I had 2 problems with my Ski-Doo product 2 years ago, Both problems were small but I was treated like a valued customer when talking with Ski-Doo customer service.
Both items were given a referance # for my tracking. I recived a call from SD later the same week giving me instructions on what to do and where to go to have my problems taken care of. In the end a enjoyable experiance.

I feel it does not matter if the sled is the newest greatest fastest sled on the market, If the customer service is poor people will find another MFG.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I did finally receive my coupon, but not before I had to call them to get it. The guy on the other end seemed really put out by me calling. He asked me for some information with a sigh and made it seem like a major task. I could see how dealing with them with a major problem could be very disturbing. :(

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
What updates/warranty issue's did you have to have done, you say 4-5 times but do not say what they were. Since your date of purchase is 2/28/03 all of the service bulletin uppdates should have been done to your sled before you pulled away from the dealer. If you took it back for a issue that was on a bulletin the your dealer messed up no AC.
You have managed to put on 700 miles in only 11 days since you got it, that is pretty good with your claim of 4-5 return trips to the dealer.
The oil coupon and $100 was based by AC on information provided by dealers on sleds sold to customers as of 2-7-03. Since you bought your sled on 2/28/03 AC would have not been able to predict the future purchase you made when AC preparred the package's they sent to the registered owners of F-7's based on the dealer information.
Since your dealer would have shown the F-7 that you bought after AC did this program in their inventory then your dealer most likely got the oil coupon and gift coupon for themselves so you should see them about your issue.
Your issue from what you wrote is more of a delaer issue not preparring your sled properly.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Oh: February 28th. Not the 8th. I think we are getting the wool pulled over our eye's again. 700 miles in 10 day's or less and 4-5 trips to the dealer. ya, I am sure that you are telling the truth now there stinx. Nice name! What, your rev need new rings or a crank and you need to make yourself feel better. Sorry dealers about the earlier shot.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'll trade him an F7 with 5000 miles, have my dealer do the set-up
and put 700 miles on in 2 days! My point, give another dealer a chance
to make it right.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We shouldn't be critisizing people for complaining about this. They are not complaining about not getting the coupons, they are complaining that Cat's customer service STINKS. I got my coupons and didn't have any trouble there, but Cat never sent me ANYTHING on the updates, and my dealer never even called me about them. If I didn't read these forums and specifically stop by my dealership and ask about the updates I would have never heard anything. Next sled I get (probably an 05) will definately not be from the same dealer. The crappy thing is unless I want to travel over 150 miles, that may mean I'll have to get a ski-doo which I'm not really nuts about. But I'm definately not happy with Arctic Cat though. I do love my F7, but if this is how they're going to treat their customers why should we put up with this?

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
So you think stinx is telling the truth? Wake up. 700 miles in 10 day's with 4-5 day's to fix recalls and updates that were all know'n about by February 7th. And he supposedly bought it on the 28th. I know of some ocean front property for sale in minnesota. Cheap!

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Did you really buy the F7 because you got 100.00 and a free gallon of oil? I think not. Cool off a while. Where is my "L" rubber stamp?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
No one is being hard on him. Were finding faults in the message, date of purchase vs date the coupons were sent to owners, 700 miles in 11 days and this is including taking it to the dealer 4-5 times.

fcat1, those coupons you got were directly from AC customer service. The updates/service bulletins are sent from AC to their dealer network via fax and letter. It is up to your dealer to notify you of the update/service bulletin so that you can make the appointment to get it fix. Again you have a dealer issue if your dealer has not notified you of this, ask your dealer why your were not notified when the bullitins were faxed to them by AC. It is the dealers responsibility to notify the owners of the sleds they sold to notify the owners of the issued service bulletin. This is in the sales agreement between the dealer and AC.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Dammit mikeF7, you beat me to it. I also saw the date of purchase and the 4-5 trips to the dealer. I figured I was going to get ripped for my first post, so I held off for a little while. You can't believe everything you read. I take any post about Cat and their service with a grain of salt. I don't know of anyone who has been told they weren't getting their sled fixed yet. Even spence2U got a new sled, after he said he couldn't trust that model. Now he's looking for go-fast parts. I wish people could focus their emotions this strongly on dealing with everyday, real problems we are all facing, instead of a toy. And don't give me the crap about money. We have all spent it or we wouldn't be here. How about this for a new idea? Try working through your problem calmly and with respect to the people involved, instead of throwing your hands up in the air and quitting when things get tough. Now I see where this sense of entitlement comes from in our society.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
700 miles in 10 days......NO PROBLEM, Hell I did 776 in three days and that was easy riding. Ask Rob how easy it is to put huge miles on in Quebec.
Why 4 or 5 trips not sure, All the updates should have been done at one time, Then again alot of dealers leave alot to be desired.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My error ,it was purchased on Jan 28th of 03. My issues are leaking chain case, that was repaired, Hot grips that stpped working, Oil pump adjustment twice, Dealers fault. snow flap fix, steering fix, was hitting the motor, suspension bolts and slide rail caps.Smart valve problem I am pissed at Arctic cats attitude, constant iccing of the tunnel. Arctic response was there is no problem with tunnel icing. It just rubbed me the wrong way with how i was treated, like it was a bother to them to even talk with me. I dont know about you guys but it took me along time to save up the money to buy this sled . Fortunatley I found a new dealer I am going to try in the future Kingdom Cat in Island pond vermont. they seem very knowledgable and concerned with whats going on. Bob the owner said i am not the only one with issues. If it wasnt for this site I never would have heard about the oil update- as cat never planned on sending me a notice. Im dove venting

1 - 20 of 26 Posts