Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the factory hooked handlebars in the Polaris acc. book fit the 600 Dragon without much modification? They look better than the add on hooks and the bars seem longer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Physically they will fit, but you wont be able to use the handlbar pad from the stock bars, and you will need to add a 4 inch riser under the clamp to make them the same height.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by timmcat@Oct 7 2005, 09:43 PM
Physically they will fit, but you wont be able to use the handlbar pad from the stock bars, and you will need to add a 4 inch riser under the clamp to make them the same height.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915673
[/quote]
As on other sleds, to use this handlebar I believe you will have to go to a two piece throttle lever mount, to get it over the hooks on the end of the bars.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the part number of the 2 piece throtle block? What handle bar pad can u use in place of the stock one on the Dragon when using the accesory hooked bars?

·
Registered
651 Posts
just get the throttle block from a pro-xr 440 or 800. i have that bar on my pro-x and it is well worth the money and the bit of agravation of installing the new throttle block. i am not to familiar with the fusions controls for the heated grips, reverse button or high beam button if it will fit over the bars...but it might be something to look into.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hello Landscape88.

Take a look at the pictures of my Dragon in the handlebar thread at the bottom of the page......same bars you are interested in. All stock controls will fit quite nicely except the throttle block. A two piecer will solve that prob or you can make the stock one fit with a few modifications. :div20:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bulldogger where did you get the riser and pad? What was involved to get the stock throttle block over the hooked bar end?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think it's a waste of money to buy a 2 piece throttle block from Polaris, when I got my hooked bar, I bought the block from Hotseat for $35. I also went with a kill switch from a Pro XR for $35. The block I have is black and is very high quality and works perfect with the stock cable. Also available from SLP and Hiperf.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts