Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When opening my hood, the front tip of hood rubs on bellypan when opening...scraping the shit out of it. Anyone else have this happening? It's a clearance issue....another one go figure...ggg

KJ

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mine seems to have plenty of clearance, not even close really. I've had other cats with this problem and have been able to adjust myself, or with someone helping hold the hood in place while you snug the bolts.

Try that, should have enough room to move it where you need.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The only problem I have with the hood is....

When you goto close it, it always seems to stay to the inside of the tub, causing it to rub on the painted (outside) side. Obviously, you gotta be standing behind it, holding both rear corners.

·
Registered
629 Posts
When my sled got to the dealer, the right side had caught on the belly pan and messed up the decal and the plastic some (noticeable), my new hood and decals are on order....

I am careful shutting the hood. I don't think it is a clearance problem, just with the light weight hood, you could push it to far one way and catch it.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I carefully set my hood down! It seems like it could catch on either side! My isn't rubbing, but I could see myself pintching it between hood and bellypan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The bottom of my hood rubs on the air box when I open it , but I dont see anyway to adjust it ,as far as closing it and having it go inside the bellypan I am used to lining it up because I am coming from riding the ZX chassis SkiDoo and you have to line it up every time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
KJ, did you have a skid plate installed? On mine, the airbox didn't get pushed back down all the way and it did exactly what yours is doing. I took out the screw in the front of the airbox and then took the airbox and pushed down really hard. I also took off the hood hinges for better access. No more problem!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts