Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys im looking for a honest report on a m7 im debating on getting a m7 or summit . I ride in the east from 2500-4500max elevation. We have our deep snow days. Also we have a lot of trees. Whats the deal with the a20 track to seems like everyone one ive seen is folding over like paper ,i hear its only a good track for those bottomless pow days. any info from someone who owns one would be great ,Thanks. :beerchug:

·
Registered
320 Posts
They are both great sleds. I've not ridden the summit, but did get a spin on a mod rev 136. They ride different. I like my M chassis...it is light years ahead of the older chassis's...but against the rev...i dunno. I think that would be rider preferance. I like the M engine, the DD gearcase, the M intake and exhaust, the mountain bars. I loved the A20 it's first year (we had snow...). The second year, not so much. This year it's turned around, partially straightened (inner 2/3's of each paddle). For my area, knowing what I know now, I would go with a camo. Ideal would be to have an a-20 in reserve for those times you get killer fluff. Try to ride each...

John

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have a A20 1.6" in hillclimb position it is a awsome track' the paddles are straight up now and it works very good here in the midwest. I would suggest if you get one to put it in hillclimb right off the bat. The first one I had was in powder position for about 1000 miles or so then I turned it to hillclimb and the next 1500 miles it started to chip off, Arctic Cat replaced it under warranty. Put the new one on in hillclimb right away and it has been very good. I ride Northern MN and Northern WI in decent snow conditions for the most part. I have 3800 miles on my 05 M7 141" and the sled has been awsome, when one hardpack I have not been beat, not by fast Firecats, skidoos or pols. My buddy has a 06 M7 that is set up exacty the same as mine and the 05 is still faster. This sled will stick in the stable for years to come, even when I by a new one next year.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Love my M7 its an amazing Mtn sled exactly like it was designed to be. I only know of one other sled at this point that in stock form is anywere near as easy to play with in the powder and that was the new RMK Dragon. It throws into sidehills and powder turns without any effort. Even a smaller guy will have no trouble. They hop out of the snow and plane out so easy its amazing. They fly straight just like every cat i've ever had. The exhaust in the shockwell exit works flawlessly in deep snow never have any bog from the exhaust being plugged. Added a HRP bracket and Shockteck valving and now the suspension works great also. If you can't tell I love this sled. As far as power I never rode mine stock it came home as a M6 and I swapped out topened and added a BMP pipe mod before I ever rode it. Now it has a BMP pipe mod, BMP can, timing key, Vforce3 reeds, boondocker, and a BMP clutch kit with Cutler Weights. Runs amazing now at any elevation.

As far as the A20 goes well that was Cats biggest mistake with the M lineup in general was making it an option let alone a standard track. It does work good on bottomless deep days for boondocking and such. Try and climb with that track in an conditons in the powder position and your gonna be in trouble. In soft snow it spins out earlier then identical sleds with a different track and on any kind of setup snow or hard pack in a climb be ready to bail cause its pretty easy to go sliding down the hill backwards. If you flip it to HC position it will dig you a nice little trench about like a Fcat and forget about stopping anymore especially on the trail back to the hotel or trailer ect. I put a Maverick track on mine and my cousins M7 has a Challenger they are both far superior tracks. Theres a reason you can buy takeoff A20s for a 100-200 bucks and you'll pay a minimum of 450 for anything else that fits an M.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Could someone send me a pic of a Attack 20 track in hillclimb position vs the powder. My thought is that the supports for the lugs are on the inside in the hill climb and on the outside in the powder.

Thanks

NewfieCat

·
Registered
320 Posts
My a-20, in HC, partially straightened. This is after it rolls past the rear idlers. In hillclimb the re-inforcements are behind the paddles.

·
Registered
404 Posts
When you put an attack 20 in hillclimb right at the start ( brand new) the lugs will stand up straight it will take 700 -1200 miles or so. Then this track works well for all around, It was a little agressive for me in the midwest. Then I went to a A20 at 1.6" same one that comes on M5. This track in hillclimb is awsome for the midwest, great on hardpack and you gain lots of speed over the 2.25". I would ride it out west anytime after Feb its that good. Mines only a 141" but thats buy choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.