Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
You would probably get better results in a GDF instead of the Manitoba forum.

My guess is, it is a tough market with little profit for the amount of work in getting into the game.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
they had a lot of yrs to do so if they wanted, all the more so in yrs of the past when snowmobile sales were higher and snow more consistent, and chose not to, gather they feel its not a worth while section of business for them!
or they looked at how many company's got into the snowmobile making and are now under and gone!
there used to be a LOT of company's making sleds at one time and now, just a few, and questionable at times if 2 of the 4 will even stick around much longer!

I Doubt Honda see's that as a sign to jump into the game LOL

Honda also doesn;t seem all that interested in BIG HP off road toys period, most of there atv's are under 35 hp?
and for yrs many Honda loyalist have been dreaming they would make a larger HP ATv and that hasn't even happened YET LOL

·
Registered
340 Posts
The Talon is far from Boring, agreed.

But how long did it take for it to come out?!

First RZR was launched in 07 as an 08.

Polaris saw what others were doing with the Yamaha Rhino, and made it fun...

Whats the date today? When did the Talon come out?

Lol,

Shoe.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The Talon is far from boring
I agree here all the more so if you get one with the factory turbo added!

BUT like said, how long did it take them to step up and make a high performance sxs
and they still don;t have a high performance 4x4 atv yet< and honda pretty much invented the atv;s(three wheeler's first then 4)
where every other brand has stepped up many many many yrs now
and I agree a shame, as I think honda could make anything they wanted, be it a sled or?? and it would be built well.

but doubt they will ever enter a sport that is dying like this one honestly and sadly is!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
but doubt they will ever enter a sport that is dying like this one honestly and sadly is!
Exactly, the investment would be huge for Honda to get into snowmobiles. And they would NOT make an investment in a flat or shrinking market. All they need to do is look at Yamaha (a capable power-sports company) and see Yamaha's pathetic 3-5% market share to realize that getting into snowmobiles is a bad decision.

Honda builds reliable products, however they seem incapable of responding quickly to market changes or competition. This would not fare well in the snowmobile market. Plus Honda will never make a 2-stroke engine again.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I agree here all the more so if you get one with the factory turbo added!

BUT like said, how long did it take them to step up and make a high performance sxs
and they still don;t have a high performance 4x4 atv yet< and honda pretty much invented the atv;s(three wheeler's first then 4)
where every other brand has stepped up many many many yrs now
and I agree a shame, as I think honda could make anything they wanted, be it a sled or?? and it would be built well.

They do make some great quads and one of the top brands in that criteria for a long time.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
They do make some great quads and one of the top brands in that criteria for a long time.
never said they didn;t, my one is 20 yrs old and runs liek new yet, so I agree
BUT that doesn;t change the fact that there line up of atv's is rather all LOW hp, machines
where all other brands offer larger higher performance models and chocks too boot!

many honda folks brag about long life and super reliability(I agree)
but its hard to break parts when you don;t have a lot of HP to do so LOL
My atv is all stock for the most part and it SCREAMS bloody murder at speed past about 25 mph, and its geared so low, its like a tractor!
I'm happy with it for what I use it for, but come on, not everyone wants a utility ATV"s
Honda made some MAJOR players on the atv world over the yrs, there 250R were and ARE still legends and highly praised and desirable
but what have they really made since then that was geared and designed for mostly work and only SOME play?
Mud guys like em due to there easy to mod and make into lower geared TALL tire turning atv's, but they ain;t got no top end speed once mod'd for mud and ride like dump trucks?
there isn;t even a real aftermarket worlkd to MAKE a honda atv, gain any real HP< or power/speed
unless you spend s TON of cash and get little real improvement for all that $$$
the Talon, is the first real advancement in the sport side of the 4x4 world IMO for honda, offering a turbo and getting almost a 170 hp< is HUGE leap forward
BUT where is something like this in the ATV line up?
even 60 hp is not there and countless other makers have SEVERAL models of larger HP than this< and Honda NOT a one? they don't seem to want IN< on the sportier side of things,
they sell enough utility atv's and there reputation, of the past, sells for them!
and IMO< there reputations of super built long life ATV's is NO where near what it used to be, all the electrical gadgets on newer atv's have caused them a LOT less reliability issue's
but folks still BUY based on the OLD ones they knew and are still ticking, yet they haven;'t made any like the old ones in a decade or longer!

my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts