Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it may not be the best looking but it is functional for my 5 or 3 year old. Usually the 3 year old rides in front, and now my 5 year old can ride behind.

Took a child size fold up chair, added some extensions, made some cuts, bends, etc. 4 new holes only in the sled. 1/4 -20 hardware. FRont legs bolt to the running boards, and the back legs bolt to the tunnel extension.

Pretty solid little seat actually. Little pressure needs to be applied to line up the bolts, and that makes it solid on the sled. Looks really good when a kid is sitting in it. Very natural seating position for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could put handwarmers on it. I have several elements I sucessfully removed from handlebars/grips.

We just went on about an 8 mile ride through the woods. 3 year old in front, 5 year old on back. Worked great. Probably weighs 2-3 pounds. Remove 4 bolts and it's off.

Might be a little redneck, yes, but $500 for a 'Seat Jack' 2 up conversion, is crazy. This was about $5 and aluminum laying around the garage. Plus, I'm not afraid to be a little Redneck. It's not like it's going to be used at 0 degrees anyways. Gets the kids out and enjoying the outdoors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, it may not be the best looking but it is functional for my 5 or 3 year old. Usually the 3 year old rides in front, and now my 5 year old can ride behind.

Took a child size fold up chair, added some extensions, made some cuts, bends, etc. 4 new holes only in the sled. 1/4 -20 hardware. FRont legs bolt to the running boards, and the back legs bolt to the tunnel extension.

Pretty solid little seat actually. Little pressure needs to be applied to line up the bolts, and that makes it solid on the sled. Looks really good when a kid is sitting in it. Very natural seating position for them.
I like it. Rednecks don't have extra $$$ lying around to spend on something they could make for a fraction of the price. Did you do a rail / tunnel extension on this sled yourself too? If so, what was stock and what is it now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts