Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the holland river is icing over and how much ice there is. Can any one near by let us know. I know normally it freezes pretty early right in the bay at holland landing because its shallow.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright or if you could just let us all know when its safe that would be even better I know its a very popular spot on winter weekends and every one would benifit from knowing when its good to go.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Often Simcoe is frozen and safe and the river is not.....
Great River to run can't wait till it freezes but with so many corners please respect the corner rule/road rules. I've had many close calls with people taking the wrong side in a corner.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Often Simcoe is frozen and safe and the river is not.....
Great River to run can't wait till it freezes but with so many corners please respect the corner rule/road rules. I've had many close calls with people taking the wrong side in a corner.[/b]
Coulndt agree more last year you probably remember the father and son that was hit head on and the father killed i was there that day and saw the body covered on the ice not a good thing to see. Every one who runs the river please be carfull out there its a very fun place but can turn deadly in a heart beat

·
Registered
120 Posts
the river over at highway 9 (near schomberg) has a layer of ice on it with no open patches, eventhough it is very thin. either way under the bridge in bradford however, is open. next week is supposed to be -10 to-18 overnight!! might get thick!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Coulndt agree more last year you probably remember the father and son that was hit head on and the father killed i was there that day and saw the body covered on the ice not a good thing to see. Every one who runs the river please be carfull out there its a very fun place but can turn deadly in a heart beat[/b]

That kid who lost his father is a member on here...

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Simcoe will not freeze this year, Cooks bay will and so will the river, I live next to the river in Keswick, and I am keeping an eye on it.[/b]
What does it take to freeze Simcoe?

It's only the 11th of Jan, with lots of deep cold in the forecast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.