Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any first-hand experience or feedback (or better yet, ET or RADAR tests!) on either the Hiperfax or the Super Slippery Slides? They SOUND good from what little propaganda I've read, but are they worth the extra $$$ over the OEM hyfax? Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have used the hyper fax before not on the F7 but on zr 700 they do last a lot longer before I put them on and parked on a hill the sled would stay put after i put them on the sled would start to creep down the hill so I know they work just kindof spendy though

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I think theres a fine line between too hard and too soft of hi-fax,somethings gonna wear regardless and if its not the hifax, then its the track clips.Hi-fax are much cheaper and easier to install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp@Feb 11 2003, 03:42 PM
I think theres a fine line between too hard and too soft of hi-fax,somethings gonna wear regardless and if its not the hifax, then its the track clips.Hi-fax are much cheaper and easier to install.
good point, and i agree.

I've heard some troubling stories about hyperfax. Better off with stock sliders and a loose track, imo. ;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, good point redF5sp. LOL... on the EXTREME end of this subject, I remember at one time not so long ago (and maybe still today!!!), you could buy the Hiperfax made of SOLID teflon for around $300, AND also buy teflon coated or impregnated track clips as well!!! -- Roy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hiperfax have Teflon inserts and Super Slippery Slides are typically graphite impregnated.

The difference is that The Hiperfax with the teflon are designed not to wear due to less effect from a high temp meltdown, but are not really any better in GOOD snow conditions. Teflon does not necessarily wear better, it just resists heat better. I have about 5000 miles on two different sets of hiperfax, but in the end, standard hyfax are so cheap in comparison I don't think they are worth it.

Graphite Impregnated Super Slippery hyfax are just that. Super Slippery. How they generally work though is to be self sacrificing. What I mean is that they wear away fast in order for the graphite to lube the track/slides. They are usually very fast, I used them in building a speed run sled years back, but IMO they are a very poor choice for the trail.

I guess the moral of the story is stick to the stock hyfax

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I used hyperfax on a couple of sleds several years ago. While they might be marginally better than standard slides they are probably not worth the extra cost. They will wear but they do not stick. You can run them on bare ice without problem. That is the only real advantage I found.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I have the hyper fax on my f7 and they seem to work very well. The only place that showed premature wear was at the bottom of the limiter straps. Tightened straps one inch and all set. rolls much easier, can push sled with one hand on hard pack

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by GF7PE@Feb 11 2003, 06:40 PM
...rolls much easier, can push sled with one hand on hard pack
Are you serious... push sled with one hand on hard pack??? Gee, that SOUNDS impressive... unless you're just a helluva lot stronger than I am!

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! -- Roy

·
Registered
978 Posts
i had one of the 2 last year and the graphite insert came loose, now i have stock and they melted pretty good on the first ride with very hard snow pack...i think they do improve epecially in warm or hardpack conditions where the heat is made

gf7pe knows which one I/HE had

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by GF7PE@Feb 12 2003, 07:33 PM
arcticrider600...how many miles did it have when they let go?
about 2500... my dad was gonna take them... and the piece split out, the stock ones are a definate downfall from them..

it might not come out if u dont screw with them... i wish i could get them... if only my dad didn't blow his track this weekend, the weekend b4 we go up for a week we might be able to afford some of these quality items, i think its the 8th time we had the drive shaft off the sled since the beggining of the season

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm running hyperfax on 280hp turbo 144 hacksaw track with 280 studs my track has to be seriously tight!! My stock hyfax did not do well at all!! NOW THAT MY TRACK IS TIGHT THEIRS NO RACHETING N MY HYPERFAX 2 SEASON LATER R LIKE NEW!! YES THEIRS IS BREAK IN PROCEDURE!!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm running hyperfax on 280hp turbo 144 hacksaw track with 280 studs my track has to be seriously tight!! My stock hyfax did not do well at all!! NOW THAT MY TRACK IS TIGHT THEIRS NO RACHETING N MY HYPERFAX 2 SEASON LATER R LIKE NEW!! YES THEIRS IS BREAK IN PROCEDURE!!!!
Holy cow! Here is your trophy for resurrecting a thread from almost 12 years ago. :#1:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts