Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Red Rocket has been kind enough to point out their trail status for the most part lists them as open. I recall one weekend last year when our trails were kife and Hill & Gully were great. Given it's a 20 minute tops trailer for me, i'm looking to see if anyone is interested in getting together, this sunday morning for a couple of hours running around their trails?

My wife, young daughter and brother in law are in town, but i've been sparred a pass for a couple of hours on the sunday.

So i'm thinking meet somewhere around 8ish, put a couple hours in, then load em up and head out.

Any interest?

·
Registered
853 Posts
spiderman whats happenin.. where is this hill and gully place?? 20 mins from hamilton or muskoka??[/b]
It's in Port Sydney just outside of Huntsville. Hill And Gully they keep awesome trails, I'm not surprised they are listed as open.

I'm planning some time in January visiting my Uncle up in Huntsville "spiderman" . He lives off Brunnel road on the Muskoka river I'll pm yeah to hook up for a ride for sure.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'll be up in Huntsville for Sat Sun, Mon. Love to get out for some morning riding. I often do the 6:30 or 7:00 am by myself on these trips with the family. Ususally I return just as they are getting out of bed.

I will try to make sunday morning open for a ride around 8:00am. Where are you planing on droppin in? Last year the D102B was golden when most areas where crap. Allway got fresh groom in the morning. The club around there is A+++++

Look forward to a ride with ya.

Al

·
Registered
715 Posts
Aww crap Im coming up Sunday to Deerhurst. I can get away Monday for a ride in the morning. Pm me if you wish![/b]

I am at the grandview right beside it, and will do a ride if I am not too hurtin Monday morning.

·
Registered
484 Posts
thought you had a cottage in the Huntsville area?[/b]
Yes I do. But cold cottages and my wife apparently dont mix. Plus we got a great deal on a suite. So off to Deerhurst we go.

If anyone is around I will check my pm's online as I will have laptop with me.

Hey Adermott,

pm me if your around. I think spidey and I are going to try and hook up!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Okay, Red Rocket has been kind enough to point out their trail status for the most part lists them as open. I recall one weekend last year when our trails were kife and Hill & Gully were great. Given it's a 20 minute tops trailer for me, i'm looking to see if anyone is interested in getting together, this sunday morning for a couple of hours running around their trails?

My wife, young daughter and brother in law are in town, but i've been sparred a pass for a couple of hours on the sunday.

So i'm thinking meet somewhere around 8ish, put a couple hours in, then load em up and head out.

Any interest?[/b]

might see you around,,

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yes I do. But cold cottages and my wife apparently dont mix. Plus we got a great deal on a suite. So off to Deerhurst we go.

If anyone is around I will check my pm's online as I will have laptop with me.

Hey Adermott,

pm me if your around. I think spidey and I are going to try and hook up![/b]

If the trails are open from Dorset up we may be able to hook up with you guys....but I suspect we are still locked in as the trail behind my place (64/68) I don't think are opened yet?....my trailer is buried in snow so I may have to wait another week or so,,,,,hope to get a decent ride in before I head to Fla Jan 9th-18th

BTW....apparently Algonquin's trails are in good shape so you should be good to go from Deerhurst in that area anyway

·
Registered
158 Posts
I will be up sometime, my kids are in a tourney, if they do well I'll be up Sunday night, if they do poorly maybe sunday am.

Cappy

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Spidey:

Thanks for the offer - I would love to but I am home with holiday stuff this weekend.

The Hill & Gully Riders out of Port Sydney do a fantastic job and are often overlooked because they are not part of the MSR - even though they right in the middle of it.

It also looks like the Happy Wanderer trails south of Baysville are open and much of them are seasonal roads - so they should be mint.

I think you could get a great loop in from Port Sydney to Baysville on the HGR trails and then head south of hwy #117 on D103B to the B trail then east to either the 102B or the 101B-45-102B and then back to Baysville (gas at the Sunoco).

Damn I am JEALOUS!!!! :wall:

·
Registered
484 Posts
I got an email that bracebrige trails are in excellent condition.

I kind of dont want to trailer tho so If anyone s around in huntsville. Id like to ride on Monday.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The trails around Dwight are great for December riding.

Remember if you need gas in the area the Beacon has some for $1.15/L or Helsels in Oxtongue Lake for about a buck 5.

Sleds going across Oxtongue but I haven't tried it yet. (House full of company)

Safe sledding everyone.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be at the Pump & Barrell ( new name I don't know ) for 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, i'll hang there till 8:20 to see if anybody else will be coming along. My sled is in my avatar, Polaris 600IQ red, hope too see some of you tomorrow.

safe riding boys.

Spider

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll be up in Huntsville for Sat Sun, Mon. Love to get out for some morning riding. I often do the 6:30 or 7:00 am by myself on these trips with the family. Ususally I return just as they are getting out of bed.

I will try to make sunday morning open for a ride around 8:00am. Where are you planing on droppin in? Last year the D102B was golden when most areas where crap. Allway got fresh groom in the morning. The club around there is A+++++

Look forward to a ride with ya.

Al[/b]

Just watching the radar, there's a nice streamer coming thru right now ust south of Huntsville. http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR
should be some nice snow and hopefully the groomer is out.

Adermott, see you Monday afternoon. Got the hotel room booked! Doing the Arthur/Fergus/Hillsburgh run tomorrow with Chuckie.
Give us an update on the trail conditions.. pics if u can

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Snogirlfx and I just booked in at the Deerhurst for New Year's. We'll be riding Monday afternoon, Tuesday and Wednesday morning then heading home.

If you see these sleds, please say hi. The thing with Pink is hard to miss. She dont have to worry about me stealing it. :dance2:

[attachment=406074:MuscleBee_002.jpg]
[attachment=406075:Switchback_001.jpg]
[attachment=406073:F6_LXR_001.jpg]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts