Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the conditions in the Highlands are like from Hunters Gate and if you can get to Margaree or Wreck Cove for fuel. There are a few of us thinking about heading up tomorrow or Sunday.
Any info will be appreciated
Thanks, Prayin' For Snow[attachment=417124:hellfreezesover.JPG]

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Check out the post from Thursday by Killman. We were up there, good trail riding but don't expect to play too much as everything is pretty hard. We managed to find some play spots but you have to watch what you hit. There is more than enough powder to keep the sleds running cool though. We made it down to the Salmon camp but I really couldn't tell you about Margaree or Wreckcove. Just hope we don't get tooo much rain. :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:wtf: COME ON PEOPLE....SOMEONE ON HERE HAS GOT TO KNOW SOMETHING....
WERE PLANNING ON BEING AT HUNTERS GATE AT SUNRISE IF ALL GOES WELL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Were headed down tommorow too.Hope it doesn't rain, but WTF I'm not made of sugar.Hopefully the cats will come out and play! :buttrock:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
YES I CAN READ TOUSAN...I WAS WRITING THAT POST WHILE YOU POSTED IT DUH!!!
BESIDES THAT YOU ONLY TOLD ME WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW....ABOUT GETTING FUEL.[/b]
You asked for any info and that is what I gave you. duh yourself. Besides, anyone can get fuel, just pull your vehicle up to the pumps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CAN YOU GET TO MARGAREE OR WRECK COVE TO GET FUEL??? ON A SNOWMOBILE OVER THE MOUNTAINS THROUGH THE TRAILS??? NOT ON THE BACK OF A TRUCK

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi no you can not get to margaree for fuel,I was there last weekend and they have only got few cms of snow since and for wreck cove im not sure but i doubt it but its worth the trip put 120km on last sunday had dinner at salmon camp hope this helps. :white_flag: :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WENT FOR A RUN SATURDAY....WAS REALLY GOOD GOING..LEFT FROM HUNTERS GATE, WENT TO FISHING LODGE FOR SOMETHING TO EAT...TRAILS WERE EXCELLENT GOING ....STOPPED AT PIG AND WHISTLE FOR A COUPLE OF MINS AND HEADED TO WRECK COVE FOR FUEL...NO PROBLEMS GETTING DOWN OR BACK AND MORE THAN ENOUGH SNOW DOWN THERE. ..
TRAILS WERE A LITTLE HARD AND ROUGH WHEN WE STARTED BUT AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS THEY SOFTENED UP PRETTY GOOD..ALL IN ALL WAS A GREAT DAY...SEEN A COUPLE DOZEN SLEDS OUT... :beer_cheers:

THANKS FOR ALL INFO....GREATLY APPRECIATED :buttrock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts