Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my shield on a 19 renegade enduro.
I will be saddlebagging in Quebec late January leaving each morning in possible -20 temps.
The medium windshield is not enough imo.
I was at a show and saw the grand touring windshield and it looks to offer good protection, but when I went to order I found out it has been discontinued due to problems.
Anybody hear about an issue?
Not worried about looking cool, just want to stay warm.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I've got the medium to medium high adjustable on my '19 Enduro and I'd highly recommend getting one taller. The adjustable is nice but it's not high enough. Not enough of a difference.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have an ultra high adjustable and a non adjustable ultra high, the non adj is a little taller by an inch or two, I'm 5'9 and I can just see over it, don't think my wife/daughters would like it as they will have to look through it, will likely buy a med for those occasions, the adj one works great but is quite heavy and when going over harsh bumps it shakes the whole top console side to side, might not bother some but it bothers me

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
plan for colder, jan is when real winter hits quebec and ontario.

·
Registered
40,343 Posts
I can attest if you ride loops from relais 22 north or west it can get down to -40 at that time of year. I never rode up there with anything less than a tall windshield. -20 is considered a heat wave.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The accessory catalog I got has the dimensions of all the different windshields.

Last season I discovered the medium shield mine came with is not high enough for me. It deflected the air right at my helmet which was too cold for me. I want a setup like my old Polaris where I looked over the windshield, but the air is deflected over my head. Yesterday I did a mockup and decided I will get the High shield. With the Ultra-high I would be looking through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
We put the 23 inch on ours.Rode at minus 25C..Warm..Also we still kept the Hand guards on..Bonus..

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Thanks Dave in WI for posting the picture from the Doo accessory catalog showing the height differences in all the shields.

Seeing that now after having purchased the adjustable medium to high screen I'm hoping in the low position it will still be low enough to fit in my clamshell Triton trailer as it shows a 2" taller height from the stock medium shield.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The accessory catalog I got has the dimensions of all the different windshields.

Last season I discovered the medium shield mine came with is not high enough for me. It deflected the air right at my helmet which was too cold for me. I want a setup like my old Polaris where I looked over the windshield, but the air is deflected over my head. Yesterday I did a mockup and decided I will get the High shield. With the Ultra-high I would be looking through it.

I got the medium because I wanted the drive on cover. I should have went with the high, air hits me right in my face. I have a heated helmet so it is more just than wind more than anything else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
wind hits just above the visor on my helmet , not bad thou . Yes it does hit me , wish bigger flares were an option

·
Registered
432 Posts
wind hits just above the visor on my helmet , not bad thou . Yes it does hit me , wish bigger flares were an option
It is not as bad as my Polaris was but my buddies 2018 blizzard is so much better at making the wind go around the rider. I think I am putting the Ulta high on for our -30 trips. It has been so dam warm lately here though you could ride in jeans...kind of blows.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
My 2015 1200 XR chassis is like riding in the truck compared to riding the newer stuff

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got the medium because I wanted the drive on cover. I should have went with the high, air hits me right in my face. I have a heated helmet so it is more just than wind more than anything else.

I have the ride on cover, and it still fits with the high shield.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am 5-10 and the high really cuts down the wind. Much warmer during single digit temps. I wear the bv2s and I do notice some wind noise. I don't get buffeting even up to about 90 mph. If i duck down just a bit the noise goes away. If I prop up tall the noise also goes away, but it gets drafty. I just ordered the high adjustable that goes to 27.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The used sled I bought last season had the high windshield on it. Hated the look of it, but the first time I rode it I was sold on it. The low windshields look cool, but at 51, comfort wins hands down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts