Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i ride hard I keep bumping the brake lever and turning the lights from high beam to low or vise versa. Its a good idea, but it is too sensetive. I dont like the brake lever feel when putting on the brakes. Has anyone installed a botton for the lights or a new brake lever?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I modified a Arctic Cat aluminum brake lever to accept the dim/bright pin switch and I never hit the lever accidently when riding hard. Works great!!

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I feel the same way. I was looking at the harness from an 02 ZR, that should plug in to the F-cat's, and allow you to install a normal switch. If you go to Brown's Leisure World, you should be able to look up the part numbers. I just don't know if they are actually compatible or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like the high beam switch where it is, and I didn't think I would. But I wear lighter gloves too. I can see where thick bulky gloves might hit the switch by mistake..

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I usually keep a finger on the brakelever in the twisty trails because I lead. I only tripped mine 1 time. I like the high beams on the lever. The bar/thumb warmer location are another story. I do like the 3 way but would rather have them on both sides like the 02's.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Bumped mine a couple times too. Annoying at first, but got used to it and like it where it is.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I like the high beam switch too. I don't have to take my hands off of the handle bars to turn on the high beams, I just bump it with the back of my hand. I did hit them once last weekend by accident when going down some real bumpy trails, but it was during the day so who cares. I wear leather gloves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts