Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pat,

All I see in my performance manual that refers to altitude set-up is:
Drive Clutch Spring, Cam Arm, Driven Clutch tourque Brkt.(helix), and Secondary Spring. C

Nothing about gearing, but I have seen it on a decal under the hood on the gas tank and the part#'s are listed when you look up the gears and chain at: http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/

-John

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jleo,

i just set mine up with weight, and the dealer in Sheridan had charts that had a P/n for a kit that had the weights and gearing recommendations. :wacko: (never seen it before)

What does it say for springs ect?

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pat,

Drive spring (part# 0646-229yellow/white), Helix (part# 0648-126 53/51deg.), and Secondary spring (part# 0648-114red/white) all stay the same for 5000-9000 ft. & 9000+ ft.

The only thing that changes is the weights from stock part# 0746-653 (63.5 grams) to part# 0746-617 (60.0 grams) for 5000ft. - 9000ft. or part# 0746-655 (56.5 grams) for 9000+ ft.

The gearing recomendations are printed under the hood on the fuel tank or you can click link below. Hope this info helps.
-John
ps When are you leaving, where are you going (Bighorns I assume given the mention of Sheridan, Wy) and for how long? Planning something for 3 weeks from now so if you could if you could let me know how the conditions were I would really appreciate it....
Click Here for Firecat altitude gearing

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,

I was there 26-31 of dec. Snow was thin. Had to look hard for good riding, but was worth the drive. Trails were excellent, but who wants to ride the trails there?
Unless it snows more, it really isnt worth the trip, but you cant ride here.

You will be really pleased with the F7 on the hills. Sidehills very well (make sure you pull the swaybar), very manuervable (sp) on the hill, rides light, good in the powder. I was very happy.

I learned how to replace both a-arms and front shock on my F7. :p

I will be heading back out Feb 6.
We were all riding very cautiously.
5 in out group:
F7-right side a-arms & shock
ZR6-right side a-arms & shock
XC6 trailing arm

Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts