Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you noticed excessive ware toward the front curved section of your hifax on your firecat. This did not occure until I put the ODS big wheel kit on the sled. It seemed like the track was lose enough, but maybe not. Do you have to run them extra loose. I am sure that the big wheel kit is installed correctly. The hifax are two seasons old.

Also has any one noticed that the small idler wheel bearings going to Sh!! easy. I think all of the ones that I replaced last year are junk already. The replacment bearings were the blue seal ones. Maybe I just have bad luck.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
BIG CAT,
This is a question in regards to your idler wheel bearing replacemts......where the replacement bearings that you installed in your idler wheels true NTN brand bearings or something different. I have seen other "off" brands running blue seals...... Just curious.

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLeosnow

I just dug one out of the trash and it says NTN on the seal. I dont know what is going on with them, but there is rust along the edge of them.

mikef7

Thanks for the information on the hifax ware, I will look into the kit. Do you run one of the kits. I have run my hifax for up to three years with out change on my ZR's

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by BIG CAT@Sep 3 2005, 11:55 PM
JLeosnow

I just dug one out of the trash and it says NTN on the seal.  I dont know what is going on with them, but there is rust along the edge of them.
BIG CAT,
Hmmm.... This isn't the 1st time I have heard NTN's going south just as quickly as the OEM bearings. I'm running NTN's in my 6 idler wheels(1 season/approx. 1000 miles) also but no problems YET...... :Wow1: Thanks for the responce.

-John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts